Tommy Shelby - Childhood Crush (Part 2)

You had been back in Birmingham for a few months and you had never been happier. Life was good for you. You had a job that paid well,you had a nice house and you had amazing friends. You sometimes helped out the Shelby boys when they got into scuffles and got injured. You would often find yourself reminiscing about the old times with John.

There was something missing in your life but you had no clue what it was or where to find it but you were determined too.

You headed towards the Garrison and let your mind wander through your thoughts,something you did often and almost ended up in trouble because you weren't watching what you were doing and this time,was no exception.

A hard chest came into contact with your head but before you fell,two strong arms grabbed you by the waist and steadied you. Your eyes met with icy blue ones and you immediately knew who it was. You could recognise those eyes anywhere.

"Tommy Shelby. Well,this is a surprise" you sent Tommy a small smile to which he returned with a nod. You shuffled uncomfortably when you realised that he still hasn't let go of your waist but you didn't say anything to him.

"I'm sorry about your mother, your father told me that she passed" you shook your head at him,letting him know that you didn't want to talk about it to which he quickly understood.

"You look amazing,Y/N. Fancy going for a drink one night?" You laughed slightly and stepped out of Tommy's grip.

"You do remember that you made my life a living hell,right? And now you want to go for a drink?" Your arms crossed and your eyes boar into Tommy's. You studied his features and noticed that he had aged a lot. You knew that he had seen some terrible things,his eyes said everything. He was in pain and pain was not a good look on Thomas Shelby.

"Listen,I'm sorry. I was a kid with a stupid crush and didn't know how to express my feelings properly" You laughed loudly at his reply but quickly stopped when you realised that he wasn't laughing with you.

"Wait,you're being serious?" You stared at him with a straight face but you couldn't hold it as a small smile cracked out. "Thomas Shelby? Had a crush on Chubby Y/N Harriet?"

Tommy's eyes softened and you saw the guilt and regret wash over his face. He never wanted to hurt you. Like he said,he was just a stupid kid who didn't know how to express his feelings properly.

You narrowed your eyebrows at the man and thought for a few seconds. "One drink" you stated causing Tommy's eyes to light up. "I'll go for one drink and that's it. You made my life a living hell,Tom. I can't forgive you that easily"

Tommy nodded but you could still see the pain on his face. He was determined to make it up to you and make things right. He was going to make you his. He wasn't going to let you leave his life again. He couldn't live without you. Maybe,just maybe,this was the start of something beautiful or,maybe this was the start of something that would ruin the two childhood Frenemies.