Heat Stroke

I AM DUCHESS CARSON

Chapter 4

---Heat Stroke---

“You are training so much.” Grachela step forward and took the mask away and wipe his face. The Duke let her with an exhausted expression.
“I am very tired. Its easy to send a guard but hard to break in myself. Should I cut my arm instead so you can hold it even if someone else bring it?”
“When will I laugh at that? I didn’t find chance to see the humor.”
“It’s a joke. You are very serious.”
Julian took the angrily hand that roughly wipe him and take it his lips.
Kissing her hand has been one of his greatest reward nowadays.
“This…Kiss the lips. The lips!” Grachela angrily said but her face is red and avert eye contact.
Julian faces gradually redden as he blushes and take a quick look at that soft and pinkish lips.
To take a bite at her.
How many nights has he been dreaming it?
But he cant.
Not yet.
There is nothing resolve yet.
She is still his nephew’s fiancée according to the law. And she is only 15.
He is 30. He can endure 3 more years.
“I will take my time.”
“hmm…what time….idiot..”
Julian pull her lightly and she is much obliged to fall to his embrace.
“To let you go home. My heart is really conflicted.”
“Then don’t send me home. This place, Make it my home.”
When Grachela says something like this Julian eyes is in verge of tears. Everyone loves him but when his face become hideous, everyone laughs at him.
There parents took pity of him and made him Duke but refuse to see him. Even to their last breath. He is not invited to go back. His brother who is close to him didn’t change much of his attitude but he took his fiancée, marry her and gave birth to 3 Princes.
People says good thing in front of him but laughs behind his back.
Only his people stays with them.
Through the years, his military might has evolve to fierce to ferocious. And people starts being scared and wary at him.
A lot of woman throws their selves to him but never sway his heart. He hates them thinking they can reap benefits and say he is hideous behind his back.
How pitiful is his life?
Yet, how bless is he?
Hugging Grachela tightly. He can feel her body and her shape.
He can smell her sweat.
This is also an oasis.
A moment he can touch and feel without alarming her.
“Hmm…Too strong.. Cant breath.”
And he will let go when she complain she cant breath and pout at him with reddened  face.
“I am very happy. Should I gift the prince since he wants to marry… who is that again?”
“Claudia. Her name is Claudia. No need. They are only 15. How can they marry yet? And that dumb king is still holding me up. Tsked.”
“Swearing sounds sweet when it comes to your mouth.”
Julian seize her again and hug her from behind. Not too strong.
“You.. Take a shower. You are dripling with sweats.” Grachela touch the cheek that is burnt.
“This roughness… Only I can touch this.”
“Only you wants to and dares to.” Julian laughs.
“Then let it be like that forever. Oh.. But when we have kids they will surely do. They I only allow immediate family members.” Grachela said nodding as if taking consideration is good.
Julian hearts flutters again.
How many times did he falls in love with her in a day? He cant count anymore.
“Kids…” he murmured.
“B-b-but only when w-w-we get ma-married, okay. I-I-I wont allow premarital sex.”
Grachela said in a flustered expression.
Julian laughs and nod.
“Yes.” He said happily.
“Its just 3 years. Surely, you can wait.” Grachela pouts. Her face is blushing . Makes him very happy.
“I’ll wait even its 100 to 200 years.”
“We will be extinct by then.”
Grachela glares at the laughing man.

***

Three months past too quickly.
Everything is in the carriage.
Grachela when she came only brought a sword that is pierced in her heart but going back to her family home she has two carriage full of items she didn’t know what and where it came. Only the man who wear a sulking face is still seated on the sofa with a knitted eye brows.
“Lets go.” Grachela sigh.
It has been delayed for 2 hours already.
“Now you are hurrying to leave? Last night you even beg me to sleep with you in the bed.” He is really grumpy.
Grachela laughs and hug the sulking man.
“Then lets not leave?” she sweetly takes off the mask.
This mask is very sealed and cant show even his eyes.
Revealed not only sulking but the conflicted face of the masked man.
His eyes rim is red on verge of tears.
“Hahaha. You look so ugly.” She teased and pinch both his cheeks.
“I know.” He said pouting.
Grachela peck a kiss on his lips.
The man stiffened and look her.
“Ugly…so ugly..” she said lovingly as if she is enchanting him.
“You teased me the most.” He finally smile and place his forehead to hers and share a deep kiss.

Holding her hands the whole way, Julian ordered the driver to drive extremely slow. But even it is slower than it can possibly have. The ride only lasted for 1 hour.
10 minutes drive in usual.
The gates open up when the guards saw the invitation with the crest of the Duke Valley’s House.
“We are here. Humped.” Julian sit straight after snuggling and hugging for an hour.
Grachela is laughing but her heart felt heavy after realizing they are actually going to separate.
Grachela grab his hand.
“I love you.”
Julian is already shock and his heart has been in cloud nine still felt the warm tongue in his mouth.
Now he cant move with the sudden confession.
Ofcourse, he loves her back.
Does he even love before?
This is his first.
And to let go after that.
What kind of heart does she think he has?
“I love you.. you don’t love me back?” Grachela sadly look at the frozen Julian.
Of course she doesn’t believe that he don’t. With how he treats her and how he felt, she is clear as crystal who owns this man’s heart.
“I ….lap…I lap…I…”
Hurriedly trying his best to answer as he doesn’t want her to misunderstand.
The words are drown in another deep kiss.
The carriage door opened and the people saw two single people kissing passionately
One is a Duke and is the Crown Prince Fiancée.
The servants shock face turn red in shame and quietly shut the door giving the two another more minute to finish their matter.
After 10 minutes.
The carriage door is still shut.
Duke Argel cannot wait inside and after sending almost 10 servant already, no one ever came back.
He himself walks outside to receive his daughter.
The Three sons who is worried he might get conflicted with Duke Carson also went.
The servants he send all looking at the shut carriage door with blushes in their faces.
“I send you to receive the young miss and all of you are staring at the door for how many minutes?” Angrily, the Duke Argel shouted.
“But--- But---” Everyone look at the carriage with a blush.
Duke Argel walk at the carriage himself.
The servants stop him but he cant be stopped.
When she opened the door, Duke Julian is holding his daughter in his arm whike fanning her.
Her face is very red and her lips and a bit swollen.
“What happen?” he ask with a knit in his forehead.
“Heat Stroke.” Duke Julian lips made a teasing curve as he religiously fan her.
His seductress almost lost consciousness with a kiss.