Back to the Family

I AM DUCHESS CARSON
Chapter 3

---Return To The Family---

Prime Minister’s face sweats.
Even he finds it ugly.
What if Lady Grachela angers this man.
Even though he is like that he hates people talking about his face and slice people openly.
What will he tell his friend?
Grachela went and look.
Julian is sitting so she can touch his face with ease.
The smooth side is really handsome.
The other side is burnt so much and rough.
Grachela frown.
“Does it hurts?”
Why is people have to burn such a good face? Is that jealousy?
Gawd..
I despise arsonist from the bottom of my heart.
Julian shake his head.
“Before, now it only reminds me of the past. It itches sometimes.”
“What you are doing when it itches?”
“A good doctor, a friend of mine. Tuazon, gave me an ointment. I applied it to the face. Sadly, there is no technique yet to replace the skin completely.”
“Oh.. Yeah, if it itches so badly and you have to scratch it  will only hurt. If only he can prevent it from being itchy.”
“Hmm….You’ve been stroking my ugly face. Are you alright?” Julian take the hand that is rubbing his face gently.
His heart felt a fluttering feeling within from every stroke and decided it’s not good for his heart any longer.
“Do you really have to call it hideous?”
Grachela pouts
It is a burnt face. What do they expect?
“You find it pretty?” The Prime Minister cannot stomach the beauty and the beast flirting in front of him and murmured.
Julian didn’t mind it in normal circumstances yet he got mad this time.
He is even feeling a bliss and some fatty have to ruin it.
Grachela sigh and look at the imbecile who is begging to be beheaded.
“His face is ugly. How can I say it is pretty? Are you mocking my husband? Ill beheaded you now see if anyone will know?” Grachela angrily said.

The Prime Minister swallowed and look around. Everyone knew that the Duke Carson’s villa has 500 hidden guards.
With them, if they really want they can kill him and no one will know.
Julian suddenly laugh.
His shoulder shake and his head.
Maybe Grachela is still unwell but he find him pretty just now.
“My wife is pretty vicious. But it’s not nice to bully the prime minister.”
Julian took the mask and wear it.
He then pull Grachela lightly and then lift her in the air in a princess carry.
“Wha—”
“You should rest. Well then Prime Minister, seeing you are familiar in visiting me .You must be familiar in going out too. I wont see you out then. My WIFE needs to be healed.”  Julian said and easily carry Grachela while happily laughing.
Prime Minister shivers.
Brice walks to his side.
“Im seeing you out, Sir.”
“Your Lord is out of his mind.” Prime Minister angrily said but he is greatly shaken. It seems he wont be visiting anytime soon.
“Isn’t it Our Lady who angers you.”
“Our La--- She is still Prince’s fiancée .” Prime Minister can see problem coming his way. The King pressuring him and the drunk Duke Argel complaining.
Why is it so hard to be a Prime Minister?
“Well, Our Lady already said she wants to marry ,Our Lord. If it’s the royalty pressuring us, our Lord can always find the upper hand.”
“Threat! Is that a threat?”
“Why? Do you think it’s a treat then? Good day.”
Brice said and send the stupefy Prime Minister in his carriage ride.
Brice sigh.
He is going to be very busy.
Should he starts looking for the tailor who will be making the Duchess gown? Or starts with the fabric? Or the motif? Should starts from invitation? Ring? There is so many.
He should be prepared even if the Duchess is only 15 and can only be married when reach 18.
3 years is a short time to prepare.
And seeing the fluttering and happy Duke, he is willing to give them the best marriage in the world.
So… should it be fabric or the tailor?

****

“Your father wants you to go back. And you still have to attend class.” It has been a month and Julian takes good care of Grachela’s every day needs and silly whims.
Like now, Julian is massaging Grachela’s hand while she is enjoying it while sitting on the bed.
“Do I have to?”
Grachela, ofcourse, wants to reconcile with ‘her’ family.
But she became accustomed to Julian’s pampering and presence.
Right now, she cant even sleep if Julian is not holding her hands.
Her extreme reliance become a huge burden for her if she leaves now.
“Hmmm…”
“Is that a yes?”
Grachela looks at the Duke.
He doesn’t wear his mask anymore.
Before, he would not take it off because he fears she will have nightmares. But now it is not a matter anymore.
Grachela touch the rough cheek.
It actually something she loves to touch now. The roughness of his burnt face.
“I don’t want you to leave but yes. You have to.” Julian is conflicted.
He knows the rule and  have to let her go ‘for now’ and there is also the issue that his brother, the king, doesn’t acknowledge the annulment of Grachela’s engagement with his nephew. It really makes him angry.
If it was before. He will just shrug his shoulder and let the girl go if she wants but now, it is clear that this woman is his duchess.
“I cannot sleep if you are not there. What will I do?” Grachela sigh.
Julian laughs.
He has been laughing and smiling these days . All thanks to her.
“Should I sneak in every night?” he ask teasingly.
“Will you do it?” Grachela said expectantly.
Julian shock and then he chuckles.
He ruffles her hair.
“I cant.”
Grachela knows but still pouts.
Julian is conflicted when she shows this kind of face.
He likes to tease her but not anger her.
“You still have 2 months to recuperate. I told him I will send you back once I make sure you are okay.”
“Oh.. Then tell him I never get better after two months.”
GRachela said as if her idea is brilliant.
Julian cough to held his laughter.
“I cant .”
“Nothing is solved even if we stall time.”
“We can practice.”
“Practice? Sneaking on my room?”
“Silly. Practice not seeing each other. Then you will have to sleep on your own.”
“You just want to ditch me. Is it a girl? Is it a beauty huh? The King offers you a beauty?” Grachela looks at Julian with anger and suspicion.
“No. Its not like that. How did it even come to that? Im serious.”
“Humped. And if I cant sleep?”
“……Ill find a way to sneak in.”
“Good. Its better to start practicing breaking in and out the Duke Valley Mansion.”
“…I think given two weeks, you will be able to sleep without me.”
“You wont be able to leave me alone for that long.”
“You sure?” Julian teasingly smile.
“Ofcourse. How can you endure to see me sleepless for 3 nights? Let alone 2 weeks.” Grachela pouts.
“Hoh hoh. You think Im a softie?”

The past few days, Duke Julian has been practicing jumping to fences and learning to hide his presence.
“The Duke didn’t last long huh.” Brice serves Grachela a tea.
“What last long? He cant even bear to see me sleepless for a night! A NIGHT!” Grachela is mad.
He makes a strong front but he folded so easily.