Discussion

I AM DUCHESS CARSON
Chapter 5

---Family Meeting---

“If you cannot get up. I will carry you.” The Duke sigh but he openly offered his arm. His only daughter. How foolish of him to let this woman be hurt? He deeply regretted it.
Duke Julian eye brow arch seeing the open arms.
He is very clear that the reason why Grachela choose him is because her family disappoint her. But looking at the blushing Duke. His open arms. He will surely apologize? They will be a happy family again? Grachela will have more options. And she might not take him?

“Its fine. I can carry her.” Julian didn’t gave that oppurtunity to Duke Argel and easily carry her in his arms. Too light. He fed her so much but she is still this light?
She even complained that she is getting fatter. How is this fat?
Julian frown.
Should he learn to cook? She will not refuse to eat If its good food.
Well, he does have a lot of free time (wrong. He does not have so much free time). He will surely learn how to cook.

“I am fine now. Im heavy.”  Grachela whisper. Her swollen lips is still reddish.
Julian lick his lips.
Just a moment ago, he almost screamed to turn around and get back to his villa. Dangerous. He promise himself not to taste it yet. Cause tasting and knowing how it felt will make him even more tempted to get more.
He sigh.
Dangerous thoughts.
“How are you heavy? I even worry you might get blown by the wind.”
Grachela laughs.
She heard those lines before but being told to is really a good feeling.
“Hahaha.. Im not a paper, my Lord.”
“Hmm….” Good thing the mask block his facial expression. His mouth is now twitching weirdly.
“Duke. Put my sister down now she is awake.” Angelo sounded irritated.
Grachela look at him.
Angelo is one of the captured target.
Her sweet and handsome brother with thick hard muscle.
“She might fall.” Julian angrily said back.
Grachela smiles.
“Let me down.” She whisper.
Sighing. Julian let her down but didn’t let go of her hand.

****

Seeing how they act.
It seems real that the Duke and Grachela is in love.
Argel is grumbling.
How old is Julian? 30.
Only 15 years younger than him.
And his daughter is 15.
They are in the dinning area.
The Valley House consists of the Duke, Angelo, Dylan, Marco and Grachela.
The Duke Argel look at Grachela who is sitting side by side with Duke Carson.

“Are you really In love?” he started there.
The three look at the man wearing a mask.
They heard rumor about his hideous face. Even though, Grachela has become ‘evil’ due to her love and jealousy, Grachela is still one of the top three leading beauty in Ambridge. Is she willing to marry a hideous face because of a  rejection?
“I Am.” Grachela thought they will ask so many complicated questions but luckily its about ‘that’.
Julian sipping tea calmly shaken and his hand terribly shake.
“I lob…I lobbb…I lobbobo…”
He swallowed the tea and look away.
Grachela laugh besides him.
Duke Argel clicked his tongue so loud everyone look at him with a wry smile.
“So you two wants to break off the engagement with the Prince?” Argel look at Grachela seriously.
This is his daughter.
She slander a good lady’s name. Bully her. Stole her things. She hurts her time and time again. She harass her. In the end the Prince pierced her heart.
But is that worth killing her?
Did that Claudia died? She looks fine to him.  So how can he just look at her when she is dying? Her eyes once connect at him but he choose to ignore her. He almost lost a daughter.
He then ask the Prince of his reason.
At first he is confident, it is to protect his future wife and then later he said he doesn’t know. It just felt right to strike her? He carelessly confess. Argel seriously considered punching him back then.
“I cant marry a person who murder me.” Grachela answered with a sad smile.
“It will only called murder if you died.” Marco said thinking its time to joke.
“I died brother. Believe me. Back then, I died.” Grachela said sipping the tea.
Marco stumped and clumped his mouth.
Julian hold Grachela’s hand.
“Im fine now. Im fine because you take me away back then. I haven’t thank you yet, thank you .” Grachela said and peck a kiss on his mask.
Julian regretted wearing the mask.
The four male mouth twitch.
This lovey dovey duo make the four blush.
“My sister really hurt Lady Claudia. And also she spreads lies and rumors. She even hurt her physically and torture her everyday. Is Duke Carson aware?” Angelo ask.
Grachela wryly smile.
“I only know that she is savagely pierced in the heart and her family members watched her withered to die. It scares me to leave her here knowing that.”
Angelo slams the table but Argel only swallowed hard.
“Duke Carson, you must think Im lying but the truth is glaring obvious.”Angelo shouted.
“Brother, We are talking about Duke Carson. Do you think he didn’t investigate me? He is not like someone who blindly falls in love without taking a background check.” Grachela is getting angry that Angelo is shouting at Julian. Who is he but a blindly in love fool?
And to think she helps the heroine to capture him. He is just as worst as Taurus, the prime minister’s son.
“……..”
Eh?
I thought he will burst into madness and become incredible Bulk.
“If Valley House cannot ensure my Duchess safety. I better break some rules and insists on taking her back with me.” Julian is getting agitated.
If this is how they treat her, isn’t it better to be the talk of the kingdom than to let her suffer?
“Angelo!” Argel sigh.
He knew this eldest is in love with the crown prince new fiancée.  But the Duke is someone he cant offend and what he said is true. Didn’t they watched her get hurt?
“Gracey, is it well now?” Dylan who is usually home is not there when she was hurt. He is quiet and he always pampered that little girl more than their father.
GRachela almost forgot this quiet second brother.
He is Grachela only saving grace.
“Brother…. I am well now. I made you worry. But Duke Julian take good care of me. “
“Thank you, Duke Carson. Ah, how about I call you Julian? Since we are brothers.” Dylan smile sweetly.
Julian flinched.
He have heard the rumor but he really is more beautiful than a woman.
“Its fine. Then I will call you Big Brother?” Julian almost cried. He is 30 and this beautiful man is only 22.
“Yes. Call me Big Brother. Hahaha.. I am now a Big brother of a Duke. Who will bully me now?” Dylan laugh.
Everyone is force to laugh since the sweet Dylan insists.
“Me.. Call me Big Brother too..”Marco said.
Everyone look at him with complicated eyes.
“What?”
“I am very conflicted to call a 18 year old Valley, Big Brother.” Julian almost choke saying it.
Marco said ‘ah’ then shuts up.

***

“Im still not sure if I want to leave you in this place.” Julian spoke when she insists of sending her away.
“You wont be leaving for long.”
She whispered.
“Eh?”
Julian  looks at Grachela who intertwined their hands.
“Cannot sleep without this, remember.”
Julian smiles.
True.
He has to leave now then sneak back at night.
Hmm.
Is he going to do this too when she came to the academy?