I better pack my Bags

Start from the beginning

“She killed 21 people? And now it's your turn to kill people too?” I uttered in shock and ignorance of the topic.

“Technically they’re dead already. Do you wanna meet her? She’s downstairs, maybe with Kathy. She’s also Kathy’s cousin. Our grandparents fixed a marriage between the Nakamura and our clan. Mika flew all the way from Tokyo just to get here. Come, I’ll introduce you to her.” He said as he stood up and lead me out of his bedroom.

We walked down the stairs and stopped midway. I look at him and he points to a girl in a long black dress. “Is that her?” I asked as I looked intently at the petite young lady with straight jet black hair that camouflaged in her dress.

He nodded and we walked straight towards her.

“Mika, I’m glad you came.” He said as they embraced. “Have you seen Kathy?” He asked.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world Kyle. And yeah she’s just getting me some drinks. Oh there she is.” Mika spoke comfortably like she’s really close to Kyle and Kathy. She looks at me and I gave a shy smile.

“Mika, this is Megan, my friend.” Kyle told her as she returned a smile that didn’t reach her small monolid eyes. “Meg, this is my cousin Mika. The most bloodthirsty vampire slayer we had in two decades.” He said as they both laughed. I’m guessing it’s an inside joke.

“I can’t believe you tell random people about that.” She said.

“Tell random people about what?” Kathy asked, placing two glasses of green liquid with slices of lemons on a nearby table.

“Mika, she’s not a ‘random people’ she’s Kathy’s friend and mine as well. And besides you should be proud of it. Not even our parents reached your number of kills.” Kyle said as I realized how randomly they normally talk about their killings.

“Oh is this about that again? Uh, I haven’t even seen one yet!” Kathy exclaimed and they both laughed.

“That’s because you didn’t come with us to the hunting grounds last year. It was so much fun.” Mika said and I was starting to feel out of place. Are vampires really that real?

“Yeah right, that’s why I’ll go this year. I need to see Kyle’s first.” Kathy said as she and Mika gave each other a high five. “Also to explain why I brought you here Megan, I assume Kyle already told you about how he…” Kyle gave Kathy and nudge on the arm. “Oh he hasn’t told you yet.”

“Told me about what?” I asked, starting to get a tad bit nervous about what he has to say. I look at Kyle and he turns red. I look at Kathy and Mika and they exchange salacious smiles and giggles.

“Kathy, I think we need to give the lovebirds some time alone.” Mika said as they both waved goodbye and disappeared to the garden bringing the green liquid with them.

“What were they talking about?” I asked Kyle and he seem stuck having no choice but to tell the truth.

“Remember I told you about the trip to the Carpathians where we hunt Vampires?” He asked and I nodded. “This happens after the coming of age. It’s also one of the traditions to bring a … partner… or a date during the entire week. I’m not saying you need to hunt with me, you can just stay in our hotel in Prague while we hunt at night. Please say yes.” He stated and ended with a plea.

All I can say was “Why me?”

“Why not?” He answered my question with a witty question that made me smile.

“I mean you have a girlfriend, you can invite Tiffany.”

“She’s never been my girlfriend, yeah we bang a couple of times before but she’s just a fuck buddy to me. No offense. But it’s you that I like.” What he said raised one of my eyebrows to the limit. Cocky much?