71

[ YOUR SOULMATE ]

word count: 587not edited !

word count: 587
not edited !

The five best friends all sat in a booth at Pop's Chock' Lit Shoppe, what Veronica Lodge now owned.

"Well, here's a fun fact about my newest acquisition." Veronica said with a smile, "According to Pop Tate, the basement of this very diner used to be a secret speakeasy. Back in the days of flapper dresses and cigarette girls. So..."

"Yes?" Jughead said, trying to get the girl to finish.

"I want to reopen that speakeasy. A cabaret space for world-class entertainment and the most decadent cocktails. A place for north and south siders alike." Veronica said, "In fact, Jughead, Jade, I was hoping your dad might want to manage it. To make sure the serpents feel welcome and at home."

"That's amazing, V." Betty said.

"What about your dad?" Jughead asked.

"Knowing Daddy, he's probably plotting some sort of revenge."

. . .

"What made you decide to book this room, Arch? Not that I'm complaining, mind you."

"Felt like with everything's that has happens recently.. a night at the five seasons might be something you'd enjoy." Jade looked up at Archie and placed a kiss to his lips. "Also, I wanted to ask you something.." Archie turned them over so Jade was laying on her back and he was propped up on her elbow.

"What?" She asked, a smile on her face.

Archie grabbed his hoodie he had on earlier off the headboard, where it had landed earlier.

He took out a small, velvet box and Jade's eyes widened.

"Calm down." Archie laughed, opening the box. "It's a promise ring." The brunette let out a sigh of relief after thinking he was proposing or something. "After everything we've been through together, I want to be with, with you. I don't want to just be your boyfriend.. I want to be more than that. I want to be your rock, your other half, the love of your life.. your soulmate."

"Archie." Jade said with an smile, "Yes. Of course. You are all those things." She put her arms around his neck. "I love you. God, Archie, I love you, so much."

"I love you, Jade Jones." Archie said, taking her hand and slipping the promise ring onto her right hand's ring finger.

If only they knew that promises weren't always made to be kept.

Jade, Jughead, Betty and Veronica sat in the stands of the school gymnasium. Archie was being a inaugurated into his student council president position today.

Archie sat in the seats on the gym floor with Josie, who was performing the national anthem.

"Students, faculty and staff." Principal Weatherbee said into the microphone, "Before we inaugurate Archie Andrews as our new student council president, please rise for our national anthem."

Everyone stood up and put their right hand on their chest as Josie walked up to the microphone.

"Oh, say can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed
At the twilights last gleaming"

Archie Andrews looked up to his friends, and girlfriend, as Josie continued to sing. They all exchanged big smiles, happy for the ginger boy.

Archie's eyes caught themselves on someone standing off to the side of the gym floor, Hiram Lodge, right before the door opened. Sheriff Minetta and two cops walked in, toward Archie.

Everyone started whispering things, confused as to what was happening as the two cops handcuffed the red head.

"Sheriff Minetta, what are you doing?" Archie asked.

"Archie Andrews, you're under arrest for the murder of shadow lake resident, Cassidy Bullick."