29

[ UNDER CONTROL ]

Jade's tense muscles relaxed as she stood there in shock

Jade's tense muscles relaxed as she stood there in shock. "I'm in love with you, Jade Jones. I.. I was trying to figure out a way to break up with Veronica and tell you so—"

"You love me.."

"Yes, yes." Archie said, "I do."

Jade cut him off by pressing her lips to his, and throwing her arms around his neck. When they pulled away she spoke, "I.. I love you too, Archie."

"Did you open them?" FP asked as Jughead as him and Jade walked through the front door, Jade being confused as to what her dad was saying until she saw the two duffle bags on the coffee table.

"No, Dad. I have respect for you." Jughead said, "But you're parole officer, Mr. Walsh, he sure was curious."

"Walsh was here?"

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, I got rid of him." Jughead answered, "But, he already has heard that the serpents are moving into narcos territory."

Jade watched as her dad walked over a unzipped one of the bags, "Ta-da."

"Gift boxes? With drugs in them?" Jade couldn't help but laugh at her brother's question, earning a glare from her dad.

"No, with gifts in them."

"For you, Jade, your mom and Jellybean." FP said, "Christmas Day, I thought we'd take a ride to Toledo and deliver them in person."

"Oh, if you think I'm going to Toledo you must be out of your mind." Jade said, earning yet another glare from her father.

"You did what? Are you out of your mind?" Jade shouted at her younger brother.

"She's gone now, for good."

"I had that under control!" She tried to push Jughead but he grabbed her wrists before she could touch him.

They heard the door to the trailer close and both of them snapped their head toward the sound, seeing their dad standing there. "Mind to explain what's going on here?"

"Jughead went after Penny after I already had her out of town without using violence!" She said, "Do you know how hard it is for me to not use violence?"

"Wait, what happened?"

"Me and a few of the other serpents got Penny and drove her further out of town. I got my pound of flesh in the process." Jughead explained.

"Boy!" FP yelled, "What were you thinking?"

"That it would get her out of here for good."

"You're a dumbass, Jug. Jade knows what she doing, she's been doing this a lot longer then you have. What did I say about trusting her?"

The five friends now sat in a booth at Pop's. The atmosphere was strange because of everything that has happened in the previous nights.

"You're instinct about Svenson was right, Veronica." Archie said, "You thought he was the Black Hood. We could have ended it right there at school where we confronted him. I didn't see it. I didn't.. I didn't see it in his eyes."

"Forget his eyes." Veronica said, "I can't believe he cut off his own finger."

"The finger of accusation." Betty spoke.

"So, we know who done it." Jughead said, "But why would he do it?"

"Mr. Svenson accused an innocent man of murdering his family and got the man killed. So, maybe in his whole backwards way, he thought that targeting sinners would balance the scales somehow." Betty said, "I don't know.."

"No, no. That makes sense." Jade said, "Svenson was the janitor at Riverdale High, right? So he was always there, lurking in the hallways."

"He could've saw me and Ms. Grundy in the music room." Archie said.

"Yeah, he could've saw Moose and Midge buying jingle jangle." Betty pointed out.

"Guys, this is starting to go feel like that weird last scene in Psycho." Jughead said, "The truth is.." he paused, "I have nothing, actually. Except that he's in a body bag, and we aren't. I think that's enough for tonight."