Chapter 12 - Truth or Lie?

Start from the beginning

"Hi. I'm sorry for making you wait too much." Jungkook sat down in front of Taehyung.

"Oh Hi, there's no problem. I arrived some minutes ago. Is there something wrong?" Taehyung asked when he saw the serious face on the other's man face.

"Nothing much, just work and other problems." Jungkook took his coat exposing his white dress shirt, his biceps tight against the fabric. Taehyung gulped.

*TAEHYUNG'S POV ON*

Jungkook finally arrived at our table and he looks really serious. I guess his work wasn't good today. Well, managing such a huge company must be stressful. He replied to my question but then he got quiet. We stayed like that until the waitress came and placed the menus in front of us and then bowed getting away. I opened the menu and blankly looked at all these expensive dishes. This time I will pay the dinner and Jungkook better not say anything.
The waitress came some minutes after and we ordered our food and a bottle of wine.

"I'm glad you agreed in having dinner with me. I know we are not in good terms but this means a lot to me." Jungkook said with a small smile and then sipped on his wine.

"There's no problem. I actually accepted it so we can finally close all this drama. I want to move on and this is keeping me back, so let's close what supposedly was closed years ago." I said with a small smile and noticed how Jungkook's eyes furrowed.
The waitress placed our dishes on the table and my eyes lit up at the delicious food displayed in front of me. We thanked the waitress and then munched on the heavenly food. It's seriously really good. As always I ordered lasagna because I crave for it everyday, some pasta and jajangmyeon and other side dishes. Jungkook ordered a lot of meat and pasta. That muscled man eats this amount of meat and has that body?

"So you're working as a teacher on the university we studied years ago. How does it feel?" Jungkook asked looking up from his plate, placing a piece of meat on his mouth.

"It's actually amazing to be working at an university especially the one I went too. Now I'm teaching next to the professors that teached me years ago, isn't that funny?" I chuckled which made Jungkook chuckle too. "It think it's better to teach than to learn, really. My students respect me and have good grades. That's really good. I like being a teacher." I excitedly said with a big smile on my face.
"And your job? Do you like being the boss?" I asked Jungkook but he didn't answer, he kept staring deep into my eyes. I waved my hand in front of him and he looked at me with wide eyes and then looked away.

"Uh m-my job is good. Being the boss is amazing but really tiring." Jungkook quickly said, embarrassment evident on his voice from being caught staring at me. I laughed lowly at his behavior.

"One day I will be a boss too. When I open my art gallery." I hopefully and proudly said. I munched on my lasagna with my eyes forming crescents.

"You want to have your own art gallery? That's amazing!" Jungkook said with a big smile making me smile too. I can't believe we are talking so casually. But he still didn't talk about what we are here to talk about.

"Yes, it's my dream. I'm teaching so I can get all the money needed to support it and then I will become a full time artist." I proudly said and then eat my food.

"I hope you can make that dream come true." I smiled at his words and then silence filled the room.
"Can you go with me somewhere else after eating? I want to show you something." Jungkook asked me with hopeful eyes and I nodded. His eyes lit up and he started eating faster.

We eat the remaining food and then Jungkook said he had to go to the restroom so I waited for him. When he came back, we walked to the counter to pay for the food and I was about to take my debit card from my wallet. But the employee said it was already paid. Guess what? When Jungkook went to the restroom, it was a lie. He went to pay for the food and came back like nothing happened.
I glared at him and he slowly walked out of the restaurant to his car.
We got in the car and then Jungkook drove away. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived in front of a huge building. I quickly recognized it as Jungkook's penthouse, the place I went with him three weeks ago.