5

"Have you shortlisted the candidate Mr.Hunt?"I drew my head inside from his door.

"Are you making fun of me Ms.Cloe?"He drafted his most evil look on me making me pee on my pants.

"Uhh...I thought you would have someone on mind."I muttered.

"They all looked drained and inefficient to level up my needs."He gritted his teeth. I could surely imagine smoke coming out of his ears and nose.

"Well, you chose me when I too was inefficient," I assured him.

"You."He pointed on me."I give the authority to you to choose my assistant and if I found him or her inefficient even after one month of training I will drag you to my office again and this time not as part-timer I shall take that privilege back."He huffed and bounced back to his chair.

"Yes, boss."I marched my way back to my cabin.

We had this interview kept by HR for assistant position yesterday and all I could say was Xavier was losing his mind as he could not find anyone capable of the post. The interviewee was all shivering in fear and pale in nervousness.

Boss could be one dominating shadow. He was like a lion roaring one question after another as if proving no one can handle him the best. He was ready to kill the HR who sat the interview and the man with whom I had lunch this afternoon was gone in thin air replacing by bewitched demon. He left no mercy to anyone.

And finally, he opened his mouth giving me the responsibility to search his assistant. Some of them too flashy to my eyes like they were ready to ravish Xavier at that very interview room and some too dull like log.

I had pit of jealously where each and everyone that showed up for an interview where beautiful and well maintained but every time he went bully over candidate he would place his hand above mine just to bring his sanity back and boom he was back to normal in a nanosecond.

I felt proud of myself.

Maybe this was the thing he was trying to dictate me throughout the interview. Maybe he was trying to say he needed the one who can keep him under control. Maybe he wanted the one who could understand him without even uttering a thing.

And that's impossible to find.No one can understand him or his needs better than me.No one can fully devote a hundred percent of them until and unless they are me or until they love him like I do.

I sighed in defeat. Is this his way of showing my null resignation?

How can I make him understand I cannot carry on more. How can I face him carrying his own baby? What will papa Renold and mama Rein think of me? I am not a homewrecker. I have to find some potential assistant for him before the month-end.

Just then my phone rings making me shatter from my thought."Hello."

"Hello, Isabella. This is Julia. Your father wanted to have dinner with you tomorrow night. He had something to discuss with you."The chirpy voice came.

"Why would dad want to dine with me when he never contacted me in the past three years after I moved out?"I asked in suspicion.

"You will know tomorrow. Come home by eight."And she hung up the phone.

What more surprises are there to unfold in my life.God!!!

"Anything wrong Bela?"I heard Xavier ask.

"Ummm...I got a call from Julia. Dad has invited me for dinner tomorrow."I kept my hands on my forehead massaging my ache.

"All of sudden?"He knew my family never contacted me. He knew my family issue.

"Yeah."I nodded.

"Well let me accompany you if you want someone to support there."He offered.

"That's kind of you."I chuckled.

"Then it is set. I will accompany you for dinner tomorrow."He waved making his way.

If only you knew your kindness affects me like a drug. It is always alluring and I tend to be a moth trying to connect with your bright aura.