"Now, I would have to argue on that one," Isabella's voice came from the hallway as her slim figure emerged into the room. Her brown curls wet, indicating she had just gotten out of the shower.

"Oh come on, Iz." I rolled my eyes. "I'm pretty sure you could do so much better than that." I pointed at Sanders as he gasped, faking a hurt expression. "You just have to look... literally anywhere." I said. At this I received a slight push from Harry as Izzy and Travis chuckled. I took their distraction to my favor, snapping the book from Trav's hands.

"You can't possibly be studying." Isabella's sarcasm could be heard from miles away. "What's up with your students, Sanders? You've seriously traumatized them this much?"

"I have nothing to do with her oddness. She was just born that way."

I stood up at this. "Okay, I'm leaving!"

"But we haven't even watched the episode." Harry complained from behind me.

"I have to sleep, tomorrow's a big day." First day of internship equals a huge deal.

"Don't act as if you don't already know the hospital, staff and doctors by hand. It's like you're part of us." True. I had spent the last five years working on Sander's Diabetes type I research. But that didn't mean I didn't have the right to freak out.

"Yeah, I'm not having this conversation." I waved off, catching a glimpse of Travis before saying. "Could you please not bring a girl home today? I need my eight hours of sleep, and we won't be getting them much after we start our internship." He needed them too, but his priorities were always mixed up and I wasn't in the mood to give him a TEDtalk about how sleeping was a human necessity.

Travis smirk appeared in nanoseconds. "Awww. If you're jealous, just tell me. Don't make up a whole 'I need to sleep story' to cover it up."

«I would be able to sleep if those girls stopped thinking they were part of a porn movie.»

"You wish." And with one last warning look I continued. "Just do the dirty in the pub's bathroom or at the girl's house, would you?" Trav winked in response as Iz smiled at me, saying goodbye. Harry followed me outside his house, closing the door behind him.

"Hey Lia," it was a chilly night. My body started welcoming the cold breeze as tiny goosebumps rose against my skin. "I know you're anxious, but there's nothing to be worried about, okay? You will kick some intern ass." He took a step closer at this, opening his arms to gracefully embrace me.

"What if they know about my participation in your research? They will hate me." I mumbled almost inaudibly due to my face squished against his chest.

"Your internship at Blair has nothing to do with me nor my research or your connection with it. You applied to get in the program just like everyone else." I snapped my head up to look at his green eyes. "I didn't even read your application." His tone completely gave it away. My eyes shifted in uncertainty as I denied every single possibility of that sentence being true. I raised an eyebrow in response. "What? Okay, maybe I did read it, but I had no say in the decision."

"They will still hate me, Sanders. It won't matter if I applied like them or not."

"They'll get how much you deserve to be in there when they see you in action and realize how smart you are." He gave me his most charming smile and I felt the urge to roll my eyes. "Now quit whining and get some rest. Oh and say hi to Kate from me." I smiled in response.

He knew I had a FaceTime appointment with her as soon as I got home. And he also knew the poor girl had a massive crush on him. My heart clutched at the thought of my best friend. I really missed her.