"Miss York a pleasure to see you again just not under these circumstances, congratulations on being a white wolf by the way." One of the council said to me while smiling, it seemed they were please but somewhat not surprised that I was a white wolf.

"Thank you and as much as I would like to say it is a pleasure to you all again, I don't lie." I said with a hard edge to my voice which made them laugh lightly. They always seemed amused by my strong will and refusal to fear or respect them.

"I can see why there are two Alpha's fighting to keep you in their pack, a strong she-wolf who does not bow to anyone is a strong asset and...also a liability..." the councilman replied.

"Can we address the petition now." Gavin demanded, he was on edge and I knew he wanted to get this over with as much as I did. I was very uncomfortable with Lucas staring at me like he would pounce any second, I think he still had it in his head that I belonged to him and he couldn't be more wrong. Then there was Jen who kept checking her appearance in a handheld mirror and reapplying powder and lipstick as she deemed necessary even when it was obviously so overdone at this point, besides why did she need to look good here anyway.

"Yes, Alpha Stone now that we have gotten the pleasantries out of the way. Alpha stone here has petitioned to have Samantha York returned to his pack and is asking us to strip Alpha Lucas Wolf's title of Alpha. He has given adequate statements and documents that support his case..." one of the council spoke but not without Lucas letting of a loud growl and interrupting.

"He has no claim to either Council, Samantha is my true mate she belongs to me! Also, I am an Alpha by birthright and have done nothing to allow you to take my title!!" He snarled angrily at them.

"Alpha by your own admission you have just given us ground to strip you of your title. Standing besides you is your Luna and mother of your pup who you are now claiming is not your true mate, which also means you have taken a mate of someone else. This is a punishable offense and we have not even covered the rest of the claims against you." The council snapped back angrily, they did not like to be interrupted.

"I allowed Jen to manipulate me into mating with her, now that I have found my true mate, I wish to break the bond and let my true mate take her rightful place as my Luna." Lucas stated as if it were a simple request. Before the council could respond I did.

"I am not your true mate, one I rejected you, two the moon goddess broke our bond weeks ago!!! You have no claims to me and I'd rather die than be your Luna, you are not fit to be an Alpha your nothing but a pathetic excuse for a wolf!!" I growled and stepped out from behind Gavin, I wasn't going to hide anymore, I was too angry, and I wasn't going to let any man tell me what I was supposed to do who I was supposed to be with. I looked over at Jen who looked slightly nervous but not as much as she should in this situation.

Her mate was trying to break his bond with her and claim another, she should have been outraged but she seemed to be biding her time for something that I couldn't figure out.

"Jen cannot give me an Alpha heir which makes her useless to me, you were born to be my soulmate you will provide me with an heir to my pack!" Lucas yelled at me.

"never!" I hissed back and Gavin stepped forward a little blocking any attempt Lucas might make to grab me. I appreciated his protectiveness but at this moment I was so angry I knew if Lucas touched me, I'd kill him.

"Alpha Lucas, we are currently denying your request to break the bond. We also herby charge you with unlawful punishment of a she-wolf. We reviewed Samantha's injuries and statement witnessed by Alpha Worth and a Pack doctor along with your prisoner log sent in by your Beta and none of her punishments were given due to an offense. You are also charged with attempted rape of a she-wolf and mating with a wolf that is not your true mate. Alpha's are mandated to mate and mark their true mates, with the exception of death and then a chosen mate is allowed as long as that mate is not the true mate of another Alpha! The council hereby strips you and your Luna of your title and awards your Beta a temporary Alpha title until another Alpha can take over your territory."

"You can't do this, I am an Alpha by blood and birthright!!" He roared at the council.

"Your actions prove otherwise! In normal circumstances you would be sentenced to death in light of the fact that you just had a newborn pup we are only stripping your titles and you will be allowed to remain in your pack, or you may apply for a transfer. If you wish to fight the decision of the council, you will be held here in our prison and we will conduct a trial with your peers. If they find your guilty, they have the right to demand your execution. I would take our leniency and keep your mouth shut." The council snapped back, their power laced each and every word which had Lucas questioning whether he wanted to put up a fight.

"I petition the council to break the bond between Lucas and I." I heard Jen yell out as she stepped forward. I snapped my head in shock and was now extremely wary of where she was going with this. It had been obvious she was up to something this whole time, she had been way to laid back and accepting of everything until this moment.

"On what grounds?!" The council demanded from her.

"Lucas is not my true mate, my true mate is Alpha Gavin Stone...I was young and misguided when I allowed Lucas to mate and mark me. In light of the birth of my pup not being born with Alpha blood, it seems the moon goddess will not allow an Alpha to birth an alpha blooded heir without his true mate. If Alpha Stone hopes to have an heir he must mate with his true mate, and since he has now acquired more and more territory it would be detrimental to the community and his packs if he were to die without an alpha heir. If you break my bond with Lucas then Alpha Stone and I can mate and ensure he has an heir." She voiced out, she seemed confident as if she knew she would win this. I on the other hand couldn't breathe, she was right, if the birth of their pup had proved anything it was that the moon goddess wanted Alpha's to be with their mates and would not bless the union of non-mated pairs.

I wanted to claw my heart out due to the pain I was feeling, I knew he wasn't mine but my body and soul felt like he belonged to me. I was so in love with Gavin that the thought of losing him especially to Jen of all people made my heart shatter. I looked up at Gavin to see his reaction and he looked stunned and speechless at Jen's request with a hint of anger.

"Alpha Stone the decision is yours. We will break the bond and you can claim your true mate, or you can have your chosen. In light of the information provided by Jen Wolf please understand if you decide to deny your original true mate we must request you name a successor who will be given the Alpha title if you fail to produce a true alpha heir within the next 7 years. That will give your successor enough time to successfully take over the pack and produce his own heir." The council stated and Jen looked victorious as if Gavin had already stated that he would accept her as his mate. Then again why wouldn't he, he was a very powerful Alpha who needed an alpha heir. Gavin loved his pack they were his family and I couldn't see him giving up his title and becoming just a pack member, this man was a full-blooded Alpha male in every sense of the word.

I would have to accept whatever he decided, if he wanted his true mate I would step aside without a word. Gavin deserved happiness and as much as I wanted it to be with me forever and always, I knew I loved him enough to let him live the life he wanted even if it wasn't with me. My heart was already in pieces at the thought of letting him go and to watch him be with Jen, to love her... He was mine, he belonged with me...

"Alpha Stone if you need time to make your decision just let us know." the council stated.

"I have already made my decision... I'm going to do what is best for me and my pack, I would like to say this is a hard choice but it's not, it's the only choice...." As I heard him speak the words I felt my entire body go numb, I felt like I wanted to scream. After all this I was going to lose him, lose everything... He was going to choose her, choose his pack, his title...