Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Samantha's POV

I had gotten a few hours of sleep but once my body recovered enough from exhaustion I awoke with a start. My mind was racing with the thought of having to face Lucas again and my body cringed at the thought. I knew I was safe, that Gavin and the Council wouldn't allow him to hurt me, but it didn't mean my memories would give me peace of mind.

So, I decided to spend the time focused on me, I took a really long shower, brushing my hair out straight and making it look nice. I even searched through the bag of clothes Gavin had given me and found a nice sundress to wear in front of the council. Not that I felt like I needed to impress them, but I wanted to feel better about how I looked since I had not fully recovered from my time as a rouge.

Once I was done getting ready, I sat on the bed and waited for Gavin to come get me. I don't even know how long I sat there before I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door and expected to find Gavin standing there but it was a maid with a tray of breakfast foods.

"Alpha Stone instructed me to bring breakfast to your room. He wanted to make sure you didn't need to venture out of your room unless necessary since Alpha Wolf will be arriving within the hour." She said, whispering the last part. I thanked her and she quickly left.

I brought the tray over to the little table by the window and picked at the food while I waited for Gavin. It was another hour before another knock was heard at my door. I sprang up quickly to answer it, I couldn't take the anticipation of the meeting today any longer. I needed for this to be over and as much as I didn't want to see Lucas, I wanted this all to behind me so I could move forward with my life and to do that I needed this chapter closed.

I swung the door opened and there he was looking as handsome as ever. I wanted more than anything to throw myself in his arms and kiss him like my life depended on it, but it looked like any small feelings he may of had for me vanished with my absence. He seemed so distant since he arrived at Alpha Worth's territory and I wasn't brave enough to ask him about his feelings. I knew mine were still very much there, I loved this man, sure I was angry he had let me go but I knew if was only because the council was involved. I could forgive him for everything that happened the last time we were here, I just didn't know if I had lost my place in his life while I was gone. He had probably realized he had just been feeling bad for me because of my pathetic mate and that kissing me had been a giant mistake. Why else would he barely talk to me or look like he was in pain every time he was in the same room as me...

"Are you ready?" he asked after he quickly scanned my body.

"Yes, is the council ready for us now?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, Lucas and Jen arrived 25minutes ago and the council wants to get this over and done with. Please follow me." he said and led the way downstairs and to the meeting room that brought back more painful memories that I wished more than anything I could put behind me.

"Welcome everyone and good morning." A member of the council greeted as we entered. I saw Gavin stiffen as Lucas and Jen came into view and I tried to hide myself behind him so I couldn't see them. I heard a low growl from Lucas, and I took everything in me not to snarl back at him. Odella was very much present now that Lucas was in the same room as us, she wanted nothing more than to rip his throat out and howl over his dead body. I shuddered and I saw her fantasy image in my head, even though a part of me wished for the same thing and I almost wanted to let her have her way.

Yet first I would see if the council would take care of the problem first, if they failed to do so I might let Odella loose for a bit to get her revenge...