Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I woke up early in the morning and wrote my dad and Tyler letters to explain by I left. I signed them Love Sam and sealed them in envelopes and left them on my desk, my room would be the first place they searched once they realized I was gone. I felt bad not telling them but I knew they would be obligated to inform the Alpha and he was my reason for leaving. Who would have thought that in less than a month I would move to a new area, discover that werewolves existed, find out I actually have a wolf and a mate who couldn't keep in his pants long enough to wait for me. I sighed and shook my head I and decided since it was already 10:00am and the plan would be waiting at the airport by 11:00am that now would be the time to go.

I grabbed my purse and left my cell phone, I didn't need them tracking me with that. My mother called me to let me know that a new one would be waiting in the plane when I got there so I could call anyone if I needed too. I was so thankful for her help especially since just a few weeks ago I thought she had walked out my life forever. I made it downstairs and yelled out for my dad I was going for a drive, I didn't dare say I'd be back later, the less lying the better. He told me to be safe and that he loved me and I almost wanted to run and hug him, I knew I would not be seeing him for awhile.

Once I got in my Jeep I took a deep breath and started it up, now or never I chanted in my head. I back out of the garage and out to the street and made the short drive to the pack house. I parked out front and went to knock on the front door but it opened before I got there. I jumped back in surprise.

"Who are you?" the intimidating male growled.

"Samantha York, I just moved here with my dad and brother and most recently discovered I'm a werewolf..." I started to explain feeling super nervous around this guy he was huge.

"Oh the York girl, late shifter got it. What are you doing here?" He said suddenly becoming friendly.

"I need to see the Alpha." I stated, trying to sound confident.

"Is he expecting you?" he asked.

"No, but I think if you tell him I'm here he'll let me in." I replied as I started to look around the massive house. His eyes went black which told me he must be mind linking Alpha Lucas and then suddenly he looked at me and smiled.

"Must be your lucky day he said he can see you. Do you know where his office is?" he asked.

"No, do you mind showing me?" I asked giving my most charming smile. I needed to make sure I looked around so I would know my way out. I would probably need to make a quick exit. Finally we stopped in front of a large wooden door and the guy who had never introduced himself knocked. He didn't want for an answer and opened the door and told me to have a nice day and left. I slowly walked in trying to control my heart rate from skyrocketing, this is the worst thing I have ever had to do in my life and I wasn't entirely sure exactly what was going to happen.

"Samantha..." I heard his voice and a small part of me loved hearing his voice but the rest of me felt disgust.

"Hello Alpha." I replied and walked in and closed the door, I didn't want anyone stopping me from rejecting him.

"Please call me Lucas." He replied and gestured for me to sit. I shook my head no and stayed where I was, close to the door.

"I'd prefer to call you Alpha, this won't take long." I said and finally met his eyes, the feeling I had gotten the first time where I felt consumed by him heart, body and soul was gone. Now all I felt was pain, disappointment and disgust.

"Ok, then tell me why you're here if it won't take long." He said with a smile, obviously he thought I would find him charming and would still love him after what he's done.

"I Samantha York reject you Alpha Lucas Wolfe." I stated meeting him dead in the eye. As soon the words starting coming out of my mouth he had jumped up to try and stop me but it was too late I had said it and I felt a big sting in my chest.

"I won't let you reject me!" he roared.

"Too late I already did, now do me the kindness and accept it!" I yelled back.

"Never, your mine! My mate!" he growled dangerously.

"No! I was your mate till you decided to mark and mate Luna Jen!" I yelled back and before he could utter another word the door burst open and I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. Standing there was Luna Jen but what confused me was she had biggest smile on her face. Hopefully since she was smiling she hadn't heard anything going on in this room, I would only assume he had made his office sound proof like my father.

"Lucas!" she squealed running over to him and that's when I noticed something grasped tightly in her hand.

"Jen I'm in the middle of a meeting." He growled he tried to cover his anger but he did a poor job of it, not that she seemed to notice she was completely oblivious to it.

"Oh this won't take long!" she squealed, must be the phrase of the day I thought to myself.

"Yes Jen?" he said tiredly, the poor girl just didn't take a hint. I wanted to use this moment as a distraction to run but part of me was curious as to why she had barged in and was in such a good mood that even she didn't notice his anger hanging heavily in the room. She held up a white stick and squealed "I'm pregnant! We're finally going to have a pup!". The moment the words left her lips I felt my throat close up and the need to vomit. I held it back but instantly Lucas looked up to meet my eyes and my face must have said how I was feeling because he instantly looked away. I could tell part of him was very excited but the other side of him was horrified. I took the moment to leave the office and run to my car. Just as I opened the drivers side door I heard him call me name and I paused to look at him.

"I will find a way to fix this." He said sadly.

"Alpha don't you realize that it's too far past that, your marked and mated and now you're having a pup..baby...whatever. There is no fixing this, just accept the rejection and let me go.." I pleaded.

"I can't... I know it's selfish but you were made for me." he replied and I shook my head as the tears fell down my cheeks.

"If I was made for you then you would have waited for me no matter what, you didn't. Thank god I didn't know about mates till I moved here because if I had waited my entire life to meet you and then you did this, I...I don't think I could live..." I cried and I saw the pain in his eyes but part of me enjoyed that he was in pain, he should be, he deserved it.

"I'll fix it, I promise!" he pleaded.

"I don't want you to, I want you to let me go. I may sound selfish but I don't want to be a second choice, I don't want to play step-mom to your kid, I don't want that life with you. I just want to move on and live as normal a life as possible, just stay away from me Lucas." I said and before he could respond I got in my jeep and drove off. He probably assumed I was going home but I was racing to the airport, I needed out of here as soon a possible. My heart felt it was going to explode in my chest and I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face. They weren't even sad tears, I was angry, so angry and there was nothing I could do about it. Whoever the moon goddess was obviously wanted me to suffer, maybe I deserved this for some reason but couldn't think of a reason why...

I reached the airport and left my cell phone on my seat and my keys under the driver seat, I had left instructions for Tyler on how to retrieve my jeep and I hope he or my dad would come get it before it was towed away. There was a man in a pilot's outfit standing outside of a private jet and I approached him. Before I could even speak he smiled at me and said, "You must be Samantha?"

"Yes that would be me."

"Let me grab you bags and we'll be on our way, the flight should only take about 6 hours." He replied and suddenly I realized I didn't even know where I was headed, I just hoped it was far away.