Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Denver's POV

We were just returning from our 5th battle in the last week, we had now taken leadership of 5 new territories. The Alpha's had been given a choice either accept Gavin as their Alpha and live and oversee their territory in his absence or die. All but one had chosen to live and accept Gavin as Alpha, one had chosen death and death he got. Gavin had decided he was going to show the Council just how powerful he was and take over as many packs as possible before they tried to stop him. The council already didn't like how much power Gavin had by his large territory and now that it was quickly growing, they were bound to try and stop him soon.

This was his way of getting back at them for sending Samantha back to Lucas, since he couldn't directly go after Lucas without the Council taking immediate action this was his only outlet for his anger, war. Our warriors didn't mind, they loved to fight and they were dangerously good at it.

As we were heading back home to re-group for the next round of battles I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and realized I didn't know the number but it was a text message.

Denver,

I Don't think I'm going to make it back, I love you. Make sure he stays safe.

All my Love, Sam

PS. Please don't respond to this text you will endanger the person who helped me.

As soon as I finished reading the text my blood ran cold and I froze in my steps towards the black SUV waiting for me to get in. I couldn't move, I couldn't think straight, she was in trouble, enough trouble to think she wasn't going to make it to her birthday...

"Denver." Gavin growled as he rolled down his window trying to signal for me to get in the car.

"Denver!" he growled when he got no response, I turned my head to look at him and the look on my face must have told him something was very wrong. He immediately jumped out of the SUV and grabbed my phone from my hand. As he read the text his face went white and then he growled and threw my phone to the ground and took off into the woods changing mid stride into his wolf. I immediately shifted and went after him, I had to stop him from going to Lucas's territory and killing him. The council wouldn't let it go if he did.

It took me awhile to catch up with him but when I did, I rammed into his side to cause him to roll to a stop. He growled angrily at me and took the attached position.

"Shift and I'll explain myself." I mind linked to him and waited for him to comply. I knew I was asking a lot from him but I needed him to stop and hear me out, Sam's safety depended on it. It took him a couple minutes he was probably trying to calm down his wolf who seemed irate and agitated.

"Explain now." He demanded as soon as Gavin shifted back and took control, I could tell his wolf was trying to break through but Gavin was doing his best to control it.

"You can't go to Lucas's pack, you can't take her and you can't kill him. You forgot she declared herself a rouge, in front of the council no less and she's there by their ruling, they could kill her if you took her without permission. If you want to help her you have to go to the council directly. Your going to have to do what you what you and Sam both didn't want to do to try and protect Lucas's unborn pup. You have to tell the council the truth and demand immediate action. If they don't listen after that I will personally go with you to destroy Lucas and his pack till we get Sam back safe and sound." I explained it quickly hoping he would see reason and know that I just like him wanted to storm in there and take her but since she was a rouge the council could do anything they wanted if we got her back. We had to try and do this the right way and prayed it worked and if it didn't, I wasn't totally against using force. I could see the indecision on his face, going to the council meant waiting and that meant anything could happen to her. It was a risk but so was storming in there and chancing Lucas using her as leverage against us.

"I understand your reasons but the thought of leaving there for a second longer is killing me Denver, my wolf and I can't stand the thought of her in pain or suffering. I know she is suffering, I can feel it, I don't know why I can, but I can and I've been trying to pretend it's not real, and that's I'm just imagining it but I know I'm not. She's mine, she will always be mine..." He replied and I could hear the pain in his voice and I could see the toll it was taking on his body, he was physically fighting with his wolf for control constantly. His wolf had already decided Sam was his mate and the fact that Gavin had let her go was a betrayal and he wanted to correct the wrong he felt had been done to him.

"We will get her back, let's just try to smart way first. If it doesn't work I will do whatever you want to get her back. She's my best friend Gavin and not having her around is hard on me too.