Chapter 12

Saguru and Kaito were out on a Saturday date since both of them doesn't have any class that day or any regular club meeting. It was 14:45:56

It was a cold weather outside but Saguru didn't mind it as he wore white shorts that showed off his milky legs (courtesy to a certain teasing Hattori Heiji) and an indigo coloured oversized hoodie that reached just an inch below his shorts and a few inches longer than his arms length (courtesy of a laughing and cooing Kudo Shinichi).

Mouri Ran and her friends, Suzuki Sonoko and Touyama Kazuha humoured the two teasing males even more by fixing some light make up on his face which actually received compliments from Kaito the moment he saw Saguru. So, he guessed that the make up and clothing choice weren't that bad after all.

Kaito wore fitting black jeans and a maroon coloured sweater. His hair was as usual, ruffled and messy but still soft between Saguru's fingers. Both of them wore black Converse shoes.

"What are you thinking about, Sagu-chan?" Kaito asked softly near his ear, pulling the said person out of his trains of thoughts.

Saguru flashed a bashful smile, holding Kaito's hand that's on his exposed thigh with both of his own hands. "I was thinking about nothing to be honest. Just mindlessly staring," he answered, leaning against Kaito's body as they waited for the movie to start patiently.

They're out watching Detective Pikachu as a tease for Saguru. Kaito thought it was amusing to watch but Saguru knew the other adores Pokemon especially Pikachu. Saguru didn't mind since he's also a fan of Pokemon.

After the movie, they went to Tropical Land to further enjoy their date. The sun had already went down and the lights of the amusement park was turned on.

Saguru watched as Kaito played some games to win the prizes for the kids there with a fond look. He looked around to watch everyone's happy and relaxed faces as they passed by him. He felt himself relax even more than before and put down his usual prideful face to smile at some kids who waved at him.

He flinched when a cold solid thing was pressed against his cheek, letting out a tiny squeak. He turned to see Kaito grinning at him, holding out a can of herbal tea at him. "Here, drink this," he said, opening the can for the blonde.

Saguru took it with a smile and drink it, shuddering at the coldness going down his esophagus. Kaito drank his own can of cold mocha coffee to strain himself from cooing at the sweater paws Saguru had.

Kaito pointed at the tall Ferris Wheel and hold out his hand. "Want to go there?" Saguru nodded and slipped his hand through Kaito's, intertwining their fingers together.

They went into the cable car and the wheel turned, raising them upwards slowly and Saguru felt his chest and shoulders lightened. He smiled brightly at Kaito, who was already watching him instead of the scene below. "It's beautiful, Kaito! The lights! Look at them!"

For a moment there, Saguru let his vulnerability and child-like wonder ran free until the cable car stopped at the very top. "Waaah.." he said softly.

"What I'm looking at is beautiful too," Kaito said and Saguru turned from the windows to stare into Kaito's indigo eyes, gaze locked to each other.

"I'm really happy that you're my soulmate, Sagu-chan. If only I wasn't that stupid back then and rejected the soul bond-" Saguru cut off Kaito's words with a kiss, whispering softly against the other's lips, "It's in the past now, Kaito. Let it go. You and I are now happier. You proved yourself to me that you would love me despite all my tantrums and stubbornness. It made you fall in love with me, the rejection. You love me now and that's what matters the most to me."

Kaito pulled Saguru closer and kissed him again, deep and passionate, putting all his love as much as he could in the kiss.

Back in high school, when they first met, both of them weren't on the best terms. Always fighting and getting on each others' nerves.

Hakuba Saguru was so adamant to make his point clear that Kuroba Kaito was Kaitou KID. In response to it, Kaito would pull pranks on Saguru both in school and at the heists.

Then, Saguru disappeared to England, calling Kaito all the way from Paris after that just to informed him about another thief called Chat Noir despite Kaito refusing to acknowledge the fact that he's Kaitou KID. When Saguru returned, he was less forceful and more laid back, not implying that Kaito was KID anymore but still tried to capture him at the heists.

Their rivalry soon turned to be friendship and allies.

Now that Saguru and Kaito are soulmates, their previous friendship bloomed into romantic attraction and now they're boyfriends and dating!

Saguru pulled away from the kiss with a happy smile, leaning his forehead against Kaito's. "I love you," he whispered. "I love you so much."

Both of them walked out of the cable car with satisfied smile. Kaito wrapped an arm around Saguru's waist as they walked aimlessly before the magician remembered something. "Ah!" he said, checking his watch. "11 minutes!"

He pulled Saguru's hand as he ran, confusing the blonde British, who had no choice but to run as well. "What are you doing, Kaito?" he asked but Kaito just grinned at him secretively. "You'll see, tantei-san!"

Saguru gave up and just followed to wherever Kaito was bringing him to until they stopped at a clearing, panting slightly.

Kaito pulled Saguru to the center, checking his watch again. "1 minute left."

"What's going on?" Saguru asked as he looked around. Kaito winked and pecked his lips. "You'll see, beautiful. I'm gonna show you a magic trick that will take your breath away."

"Eh?" Saguru tilted his head as he looked at the pattern on the floor and saw a bunch of holes around them. Holes?

"10," Kaito started counting as he clutched onto Saguru's hand tightly. "9."

"8."

Saguru waited with a batted breath as Kaito did his countdown.

"3."

"2."

"1."

"Magic."

Water sprayed upwards, shocking Saguru, who clung onto Kaito as the water changes colours. He felt himself smiling widely at the beautiful scene around them.

Saguru reached out a hand and touched the water lightly, spraying himself a little in the process. He giggled softly. "It's beautiful! How you do know about this?" he turned to ask Kaito.

"Shinichi told me about it. It started at every two hours so I thought I should share the beautiful colours with you. Being with you is colourful just like the scene a while ago," Kaito replied sheepishly.

Saguru threw himself at the magician and kissed him senselessly, wrapping his arms around Kaito's neck.

Kaito kissed him back, wrapping an arm around Saguru's waist as he cupped the slightly taller male's cheek.

"I love you much more," Kaito said, answering his love profess on the Ferris Wheel earlier.

"You make me very happy, my darling. Thank you for being my joy."

"Likewise, Kaito. Thank you too, love."