Chapter 17-Stupid Love Fests

Xavier has been gone for three hours. I hate to admit this but I am having the worst time. I'm the fifth wheel of this love fest and it's driving me nuts. All these people do is flirt and ignore me.

I shouldn't be mean...I mean they just fell in 'love', but really. I hate this. Plus not to mention how much I miss Xavier right now. All their love is making me feel lonely.

Currently, we were all 'watching' the movie The Fifth Wave. Jared and Hailey were sprawled on the couch and Abigail was sitting on Jade's lap in the chair. I was on the floor holding a pillow to my chest and tried focusing on the movie. But it was a little hard with the giggling and goo-goo talk towards each other.

I suddenly had the urge to pee and stood up to turn. I saw everyone was busy but had to pee and I have no clue where the bathroom is.

"Where's the bathroom?" I asked. I sighed when no one answered and asked again. This time Abigail lazily swung her arm in a direction and I followed.

The bathroom was a little difficult to find. I walked into a closet and two bedrooms before I managed to find the white-tiled room.

After I went to the bathroom I washed my hands and found myself gazing at my reflection for a while. I frowned at my pale complexion and dry frizzy hair. My lips were dry and I looked...like a disappointment. Like if someone was with someone that looked like me they would be disappointed I wasn't as beautiful as they'd hoped. But someone is with me. Xavier. I wonder if he's disappointed?

'He has been complimenting you all day, you couldn't possibly think that.'

'He could be lying to make me feel better. Maybe he senses my insecurities because he can feel them. I'm just dragging him down too.'

'I don't know...'

'I do,' I said in a hushed tone and decided to head out. I walked to the living room and paused the movie to tell them.

"Hey guys I think I'm going to go home, I want you guys to spend some time together. We can hang some other time, okay?"

"That's so thoughtful, thank you, we will make it up to you!" Hailey bounced up to hug me and I grabbed my things. I waved goodbye and headed out the door.

I sighed as the crisp air surrounded me. It was dark outside. The stars are covered by clouds.

"Aleigha wait!" I turned around to see Jared running out the door. I face him confused.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I got you something, to make up for me being an ass to you," my brows furrowed and he pulled something out of his pocket. It was a jewelry box. I slowly grabbed it from his and opened it.

I gasped as I saw the infinity necklace I was looking at at the mall. I looked up and smiled at him. He gave me a slight smiled,

"I saw you looking at it in the store. You didn't buy it though so I thought I should have," I nodded in understanding. I didn't buy it because I'm not pretty enough to wear it. And the money...

"Thank you so much, Jared," I smiled and he nodded.

"It looks like it would suit you perfectly. I'll see you later okay?" I nodded and he ran back inside.

My house was miles from here, but I can handle that. I started down the road and kept walking until I was sure my feet were far beyond blistered. I only had two miles to go and I would be home.

I hadn't realized I got a few messages from Xavier until I heard my phone start to ring. I looked down to see him wanting to call me. Scratch that, he wanted to FaceTime me. I answered the phone and saw his worried face.

"Where are you? I got here a few minutes ago and Jared told me you left," I could sense he was aggravated.

"I had to give them privacy Xavier. Plus I didn't like being the fifth wheel. Sorry," I trailed off when I saw a pair of eyes starring at me from down the road. Right in front of my house.

I hadn't realized Xavier was talking to me until he said my name, I looked down and put him on mute. Slowly I placed my phone in my back pocket, the camera facing outward. I didn't hit the end, if something were to happen to me Xavier would see. I'll be okay.

I walked slowly and the eyes followed. I felt my hands shake with fear, but I gulped it down and made my way to the house.

"Who are you?" I shouted from across the street. I could see a shadowed figure of a man sitting on my porch. The street lamp barely lighting him up. He didn't answer, instead, he stood up and started walking towards me.

"Stay where you are!" I shouted and he stopped, "tell me who you are! Now." I growled and the figure and he put his hood down. I saw the brown eyes of a certain kid from school.

"Hey Aleigha," he scratched his neck and I rolled my eyes.

"Collin, what the hell are you doing here? I was about to beat your ass up," I grumbled and walked past him to my house. I then pulled my phone out of my pocket to see Xavier talking into the phone, he didn't look happy. I hit unmute.

"Sorry I had you on mute," I said as I unlocked the door to my house.

"What is Collin doing there?" He growled and I shivered.

"I'm not sure," I turned around to see Collin giving me an amused look. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Xavier.

"I'll be there in five minutes," before I could reply he hung up and I sighed.

"What are you doing here Collin?" I asked as I unlocked my door.

"I was sent here," I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"What do yo-" I turned around and met a gun in my face.

"I'm sorry Aleigha. I like you but he has my brother. I have to get him back," before I could reply he brought the gun back and hit my temple. If I was human I would have been immediately knocked out, but I wasn't.

I stumbled back and held my temple. He looked at me shocked and Lola pushed herself forward. Her hands wrapped around his neck and he repeatedly hit her upside the head with the gun barrel.

'Lola...someone has his brother,' I insisted. She needs to stop this, he didn't want this.

"Who has your brother!" She screamed and let go of him, immediately disarming him. He gasped.

"He wouldn't tell me his name. He said if you resisted telling you to not ignore the notes coming your way. If you do you'll die. He said the gun would scare you and you would never hurt someone," he rushed out and she growled.

"Well, he lied. Get out of here before I make you," She suddenly let me come toward as I watched Collin run.

The note. It was still hidden under my covers in my room. It was a warning. Who was warning me?

The question is what are they warning you about...