Chapter 4-Black Out

It's Thursday and I was in excruciating pain. It wasn't my face this time. No, this was much different. It was like something within me was screaming...whining.

I felt my body quiver and shake. There was nothing but anger, so much anger my blood boiled. What was happening?! My breathing turned into harsh pants and I felt my forehead start to moisten.

I tried to get out of my bed but my legs were shaking so much I just flopped on the floor and knocked over my bag. I groaned in pain.

The door flung open and I saw Beth, mortified. She stepped back and kept mumbling the same word over and over again. No..? Why was she so freaked? She usually laughs at my pain.

This thought made my anger rise. How can someone laugh at someone's pain?! She's a MONSTER. I felt a growl rise in my throat and looked directly at her. Her face whitened. She was terrified. Good

"Umm..hey Aleigha. I-uh- got you a present for your special day." She tried smooth talking to me, I wasn't working. I feel like she's lying. She never got me anything in the three years I've lived here. Why now?

"What!" I growled and she put her hands up in front of her. I could feel her fear, it's like I could taste it at the end of my tongue.

"Let me get it, please. I'm begging you, it was your mothers. It will explain everything, please!" She begged and I saw the tears forming in her muddy brown eyes, threatening to escape. What I couldn't see was my need to care about her crying like a victim.

"Hurry up then!" I barked and she ran to get it. She never got me jack crap for my birthday, why now!

"Here-here" she rushed back and handed me an old beat down book. I snatched it and barked at her to leave. As soon as I opened the cover I saw my mother's handwriting. Two words dark letters that were scribbled underneath. GET OUTSIDE! I crawled outside book in hand.

The wind hit my flesh and I knew I should've been cold. But my skin was burning so hot it didn't matter. I couldn't breathe. It hurt so bad. I screamed and yelled as I felt my bones snap. My body screamed and cried as every single bone broke and shifted. Tears brimmed my eyes as I held my breath.

It was happening so slow. Each bone-breaking one by one. I wish they would all break at once and get this over with. I screamed and screamed for hours. Sweat poured from my forehead. It was all too much...

I blacked out.

I woke in a daze. My vision blurred and my senses heightened. Everything was better and the pain seemed to stop. I went to stand but realized how much taller I had become. I looked down to the feet I've stared at countless times only to see them gone. Replacing them were four furry paws and I jumped in shock. This couldn't be real, Beth was right?!

I didn't want to be a monster! But at the same time, it felt right...I was so confused. How can I mentally be against it but physically l love it? I put the thought aside for a moment to take a look around.

Everything was sharper and focused. I could see each snowflake falling and it was incredible. I could smell a crisp apple pie baking in the oven down the road. I could hear the laughter of children while they ran around. It was amazing and so much to take in.

Amazing isn't it?

I jumped a mile once I heard the voice. What the hell?! I turned but no one was there.

Of course, I'm not there stupid. I'm your wolf, or what you thought was your consciousness all these years. I've been right here Aleigha, but you couldn't see me. I'm Lola and right now you're in control of my body. You're lucky I'm nice enough to let you. Because right now I feel the need to shove you out of the way and take control. But I won't.

'Why not?'

How could you accept me if I took over the first time? Hell, you weren't expecting me at all. But I will demand one thing.

'What?'

You aren't going to school today or tomorrow so we can figure things out.

'Ugh fine, I won't miss it anyway.' I shrugged my heavy shoulders. As much as I loved being in this body I wanted to change back.

Just feel yourself calm down. It'll work...but your clothes won't be there.

Shit. That's great. I rolled my eyes and felt my body cool down as I slumped to the floor. It hurts to shift and it takes a lot out of me.

Now I felt the breeze that caused me to shiver and snow that made me flinch. I ran inside after grabbing the book.

Time to read. We sighed and got to reading.