"So this is the work huh?" he asked pointing his blunt thumb towards me.

"Yep. And you know what to do. So I suggest you get started," Carter grinning went out of the room for a second only to return with a glass of red liquid, which I presumed to be blood. God knows whose that it's. Maybe it's just of an innocent girl like me who fell victim to them. Maybe she has been tricked and Carter sucked her dry. Maybe they promised her to keep safe but couldn't control themselves. Oh, God! What have I gotten myself into?

Carter probably sensed my fear as he walked up to me and placed both of his hands on my shoulders, " It's my blood. A vampire's blood is required in this ritual. Don't worry. We didn't harm anyone."

My nose automatically scrunched up at the thought of it and seeing this Carter chuckled.

"Please don't tell me I'll have to drink this. Please," I begged.

"You won't. Relax Hazel. We're testing you. Not turning you into one of us," he rolled his eyes.

After having set up everything, Carter ordered me to lay down on the mat to which I scowled but obeyed nonetheless. Erik rubbed his hands on his jeans as he seated himself near my head. He looked just like the scary doctor who wanted to experiment on his patients and made them go through hell. My body was covered with beads of sweat and the anticipation of not knowing anything made it worse. Christina was leaning against the doorframe and as soon as our eyes met, she gave me a slight nod as to reassure that everything is going to be fine. Taylor was nowhere in sight and I was glad for the absence.

"Close your eyes," Erik's sudden booming voice made me jolt in surprise, but quickly gaining composure, I did as he said.

"Now try to relax. Try to float," he said in a calm soothing voice, however his words seemed ridiculous.

I quickly opened my eyes, "How the fuck am I supposed to do that?" I questioned.

"Which one? The first or the second," this time Carter quirked an eyebrow.

"Both," I replied while giving him an appalled look.

"Okay enough," Erik's voice again disrupted my thoughts as he continued, "I have not got the whole day. So you better do as I say," his eyes gleamed in irritation.

"Okay big guy. No need for threats," I joked trying to calm this volcano who was currently throwing glares at me. I closed my eyes again and tried to concentrate on relaxing.

"Try to remember the good memories. The one that is your world," Erik calmly spoke to me.

"I don't have any," I replied with my eyes closed.

There was silence for a moment, and then Erik spoke up again, "That's not possible. There has to be something. There's always something happy happens in your life even if that's a tiny thing. So, just hold onto that fragment of happiness. Try to reach out," I didn't know he was so good in pep talk and if my eyes were open right now, I would have loved to see his expression but I couldn't so I just nodded at him.

I felt a cold liquid festering on my forehead and slowly trickling down my ears. I tried not to flinch as two extremely cold fingers touch my forehead and apply light pressure on it.

"Relive the memory," Erik ordered.

I tried to do as he said and try to rack my brain for any memory but nothing comes up other than my crappy childhood and my first heartbreak in school. I try again and this time, I found a very small fragment of me walking towards a little girl.

There were other kids in the park too, laughing, clicking pictures, and enjoying the humiliation of the little girl sprawled on the ground.

My blood boiled at the scenario. At the sight of the group of boys that were torturing the poor soul. But I was scared of doing anything. I was a tiny kid just like her, and I wondered how much I could do.