She lets herself in and is immediately greeted by her mom, Catherine, giving her a hug, "Hi Lily Mae, what a fun surprise for you to visit" She says excitedly.

"Kurt was coming to town to see the Reeds so I thought I'd come up too" Lily shrugs.

"The Reeds? Those born again Christians? I didn't think they were his scene" Lily's younger sister April says as she walks into the foyer and gives Lily a hug too.

"He lived with them in high school, after his parents kicked him out" Lily says defensively.

"So you and Kurt have spent a lot of time in Aberdeen lately, I thought once you moved you wouldn't come back much but three times in the past few months huh?" Lily's mom changes the subject as she begins boiling water for a cup of tea.

"I'm surprised too" Lily admits, "Kurt really sort of made it clear one of the things he looked forward to most about me moving to Olympia was not having to be in Aberdeen as much, I think because of all the negative memories he has here, but lately we've been back a lot and he's barely complained"

"He did have such a hard life here, from what you've said" Catherine says, shaking her head. Lily nods and doesn't say anything.

"Its good though, he's been accepting the idea of family a lot more lately. Whether its introducing me to his mom or agreeing to meet you guys—shit, even spending time with the Reeds is sort of huge for him. I'm glad though, he spent so much time feeling abandoned by his family its good he has so many different families who care about him" She observes a few seconds later.

"He's a sweetheart, its not hard to care about him" Catherine says kindly.

They spend time talking about other things like Lily's mom's job and April's classes until a little after two when Jesse drops off Kurt.

"Hey" Lily says, greeting him at the front door, "How were the Reeds?"

"They were great. I forgot how much I liked them" He says honestly, draping his arm around her shoulder and walking back into the kitchen with her.

"Hey Catherine, hey April" He says waving casually, "Where are Tim and Teddy?"

He absolutely adored Lily's little brother Teddy who was just a few years younger than his sister Breanne... not to mention her dad who had formed a strong bond with over the past few months. Lily's father had been studying to be an actor in San Francisco before he met her mom and moved to Aberdeen to be with her. Because of their sort of reversed experience Kurt and Tim saw a sort of kindred spirit in each other.

"Tim had to take him to the doctor, just a little check up. They should be back in just a couple minutes. Both of them will be excited to see you" Catherine says with a warm smile.

Not long after Lily's dad and brother arrive and immediately the toddler runs into Kurt's arms.

"Hey Teddy!" Kurt says, holding him on his hip.

"Hi" Teddy responds eagerly, a huge smile spreading across his tiny face.

"We've missed you bud" Kurt says and Teddy and wraps his arms around Kurt's neck to give him a hug. Everyone aws and then sits down at the table to talk.

They have a pretty long conversation about all of their days, as was standard in the very open Hopper household, and even the normally withdrawn Kurt shares a little bit about his visit with the Reeds.

"They just really are amazing people, they put up with me for a long time during a period when I was just really pissed at the world and a little shit to everyone who wanted to help me. They're still so great to me" He says, bouncing Teddy in his lap all the while.