Chuck Palahniuk

"you realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past."
~ C. Palahniuk

I walked out of the bathroom wiping my mouth

I walked out of the bathroom wiping my mouth. I popped a piece of minty gum into my mouth so my breath doesn't smell like throw up.

I took a deep breath and stepped back into the studio, Star was off to the side while Simone was inside the booth. Alex was talking to the producers.

I quietly stepped into the booth with Simone. She crossed her arms and looked at me. "You good?"

I nodded my head and fixed my shirt, "Always." I gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't think you off the hook, me and you still gone have a talk."

She nodded her head the same time as the producer spoke, "Ay, one of y'all sing some in the mic."

Simone nodded her head at me and I got closer to the mic.

"See, my days are cold without you, but I'm hurting while I'm with you. And though my heart can't take no more, I keep on running back to you." I sang.

The people on the outside of the booth just smiled as I sang the old r & b song.

I was texting Emmanuel when Star called my name.

"Sparkle," She waves her hand as everyone else stood at the mics.

I peeped how they made it a habit to call me Sparkle whenever we weren't in the house or alone.

"Take it from the top." The dude's voice came in and I nodded and put on the headphones

Star

Simone

Alex

Winter

All

Hello, hello, baby
You called, I can't hear a thing
I have got no service
In the club, you see, see

Wha-wha-what did you say?
Oh, you're breaking up on me
Sorry, I cannot hear you
I'm kinda busy

K-kinda busy
K-kinda busy

Sorry, I cannot hear you
I'm kinda busy

Just a second
It's my favorite song they're gonna play
And I cannot text you with a drink in my hand, eh?