CHAPTER 4

It was about eight-thirty in the morning when a loud and raspy groan sounded through the silent and chilly bedroom that faced the famous French Quarter as soon as the bright sun began to shine through the spaces between the dark blue curtains and ...

It was about eight-thirty in the morning when a loud and raspy groan sounded through the silent and chilly bedroom that faced the famous French Quarter as soon as the bright sun began to shine through the spaces between the dark blue curtains and onto the hungover Brianna Gilbert. The brunette girl rubbed her hand down her face as she could feel the headache growing before a frown instantly lifted up onto her features once she felt something cold in her other hand. Brianna immediately rolled her hazel eyes when she saw the empty bottle of vodka that she briefly remembered downing before she had fallen asleep last night. No wonder I have a killer headache, the brunette girl thought as she closed her eyes and began to rub her temples.

The Gilbert girl sat in the middle of the bed for a couple more minutes while she massaged her head until she threw herself back onto the soft pillow and pulled the dark blue blanket over her eyes as she realized the bright sun was just making her headache even worse than it already was. Brianna then laid their in a comfortable silence as she tried to piece everything that has happened lately together. However, Brianna just couldn't understand why she was in some random bed as her mind wouldn't work correctly thanks to the full bottle of alcohol that she had drank.

Finally, though, after lying in the large bed for about ten minutes with her hazel eyes closed and no sound bothering her, Brianna released a heavy groan as she remembered exactly what happened last night when the memories began to flash behind her eyelids. It made the brunette girl's mood instantly change from the one worrying and annoyed by her hangover to one dedicated and focused to know what was going on in her birth town as she could still feel the cold hands of that vampire that had attacked her and the caring eyes of Marcel, who had ultimately saved her from an early death.

When did my life get so crazy? Brianna thought to herself as she finally pushed herself out of the comfortable bed and placed her bare feet onto the cold hardwood floors as she knew that she had to get up and figure everything out for herself. The brunette girl squinted her hazel eyes once she was finally on her feet before she tiredly moved towards the large window and the blaring sun before she swiftly pulled the curtains together. "That's better," Brianna mumbled to herself along with a sigh of relief now that the sun wasn't causing her head to hurt as much before she made her way over to her bag of clothes to get ready for the day.

The Gilbert girl rumbled through her clothes for a few minutes before she finally settled on a black crop top, a pair of jean shorts, and a lightly grey cardigan. Brianna knew her outfit was a mixture of summer and fall wear but she knew that it was hot outside, if the bright sun was any indication, and she wanted to wear something light but something that could also keep her warm encase she happened to get cold today. The brunette girl then moved her clothes around in her bag once she was dressed as she looked for her hangover accessories.

"There you are," Brianna mumbled before she slipped on a white baseball cap that had a small lemon in the middle on top of her messy brunette hair and placed a pair of dark sunglasses on the front of her crop top. Thank you, Caroline Forbes, the Gilbert girl mentally thanked her best friend for instilling into her to always pack her hangover accessories - which consisted of a ball cap and sunglasses, for whenever she goes on a trip or when she knows that she'll end up drinking as it always comes in handy.