CHAPTER 3

It was like nothing in the world could wake up the sleeping Brianna on her first official day of staying in New Orleans, Louisiana as she was hitting the twelve hour mark and she was still soundlessly sleeping in the comfortable king sized bed in ...

It was like nothing in the world could wake up the sleeping Brianna on her first official day of staying in New Orleans, Louisiana as she was hitting the twelve hour mark and she was still soundlessly sleeping in the comfortable king sized bed in her Lion Suite. But when a series of loud knocks pounded onto the front door, the young girl's hazel eyes finally opened.

Brianna let out a tired yawn once she forced herself to sit up in the warm bed before she reached across and grabbed her cell phone off of the bedside table. "Damn," the brunette girl mumbled when she saw it was exactly one in the afternoon. Brianna not only had missed ten calls from her friend; Caroline, and her aunt; Jenna, but she also slept through every single morning news show, and the hotel's complementary breakfast.

The brunette girl then slowly crawled out of the heavenly bed and pushed her messy brown hair out of her eyes with a huff as the pounding on the front door was still going. Brianna didn't even bother looking through the small peep hole to see who see was there once she reached the entrance as only three people knew that she was staying in this hotel.

"Hello, Ms. Gilbert!" The very loud and cheerful voice of Helen, the woman that Brianna immediately recognized as the receptionist from the hotel lobby when Marcel had brought her here last night and had gotten her a free room, called out once the white door was thrown open.

The perky woman didn't wait for a response from the teenage girl before she pushed her way through the door without a care in the world while she carried a handmade wooden basket in her thin arms. Helen then faced the annoyed Brianna, who didn't have time for the excited woman when she was still half asleep, and exclaimed in the same happy voice, "Mr. Gerard wanted me to deliver this to you," before she gently placed the large basket onto the dresser of the Lion Suite.

"Uh, thanks," Brianna mumbled confusingly as she didn't know why Marcel was sending her something when they barely officially met yesterday. The brunette girl then rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes before she looked up and gave the older woman a fake smile as she just wanted to get rid of her already. Brianna could not deal with perky people when she barely woke up. She couldn't even talk to her bright and bubbly friend; Caroline Forbes, until at least ten in the morning or Brianna will want to scratch her eyes out. The Forbes girl learned that lesson the hard way when they were seven years old and Brianna had yanked on the blonde girl's hair to shut her up.

"Oh! Of course!" The older woman hurriedly uttered with her eyes widened when she realized she was finished before she quickly made her way back to the opened door. "Have a nice day!" Helen exclaimed as she rushed out of the room as she remembered Mr. Gerard told her to be kind to the young girl and to only deliver the package or she could kiss her hotel goodbye and Helen definitely didn't want that as this hotel is her life and along the fact that she wants to stay on Marcel's good side.

Brianna watched Helen basically sprint to the elevator with confusion written all over her face. Weird, the brunette girl thought as it looked like the woman was afraid. Brianna then shrugged her shoulders as she pushed that thought away as she figured the receptionist must have forgotten to do something before she closed the door behind her and made her way towards the basket.