CHAPTER 2

Brianna peeked her head out of the rolled down window of her cherry red Mazda that she had gotten for her sixteenth birthday last year while she slowly drove through the new and unknown town of New Orleans

Brianna peeked her head out of the rolled down window of her cherry red Mazda that she had gotten for her sixteenth birthday last year while she slowly drove through the new and unknown town of New Orleans. It took the brunette girl a little less than two days of sleeping in run-down motels on the side of highways and eating food out of vending machines before she finally arrived at her destination.

Brianna had decided when she was looking for a place to sleep on her first night away from Mystic Falls was to save as much money as she possibly could on her journey to finding herself. Even though Brianna had ten thousand dollars in her savings account from birthday and Christmas gifts along with the money she got from working at Mystic Grill and what she got from her parents, she still wanted to be cautious with her money as she didn't know how long she would be staying in New Orleans.

The brunette girl slowly cruised around the new town for a couple of minutes before she decided that she should pull over as she wasn't going to get any answers by just sitting in her car. So, Brianna followed her own advice a couple seconds later as she pulled into the next parking lot she saw, which happened to be in middle of the French Quarter, the place her parents told her about in their letters.

Brianna turned off the engine and grabbed her cell phone from one of the two cup holders in the middle of her car once she was parked before she slowly opened the door and stepped her red velvet combat boots onto the pavement of her birth town. The hazel eyed girl then reached into her black jeans once she was standing straight and pulled out the two letters that her parents left her before she began to scan the words. Brianna soon realized that the letters didn't specify where she could find this Marcel person nor a certain location.

Brianna huffed out a disappointed sigh as she shoved the letters back into her pocket before she began to look around her surroundings. The only place that piqued Brianna's interest at the moment was a bar called Rousseau's as the brunette girl realized she hadn't eaten anything since she had stopped a gas station in Birmingham, Alabama and picked up a breakfast sandwich and a black coffee.

The brunette girl figured that the bar would have some type of food that would fill her empty stomach. Maybe luck will be on my side, Brianna thought while she walked across the street to the bar as she might find the answers that she's looking for inside of Rousseau's.

Brianna pushed her cell phone into her leather jacket before she grabbed ahold of the wooden handle of the establishment and slowly pulled the heavy door open. The first thing Brianna sensed when she stepped foot inside was that it was very quiet. There was only an old man sitting at the far end of the long bar and a couple of people sitting at a table in the middle of the room as they looked like they just got off from work. The brunette girl didn't really know where she should sit, so she just took the first spot at the bar before she nervously began to tap her point finger against the smooth surface of the wooden counter.

"What can I get you?" An unfamiliar voice questioned the young girl after a couple of silent minutes had passed as the woman had just walked in from the kitchen after she heard the bell that signaled her to a new customer.