Murderer 23 crazy love

Start from the beginning

They drove to Gongsun's building.
"Your brother didn't say what is it about?" They walk into the lift, Zhan Zhao asks Bai Yutang.
"Nope, he just said that Gongsun is in trouble."
The lift stops on the 11th floor, stepping out of the lift, the two of them are alarmed — Gongsun's flat door is wide open.
Glancing at each other, they rush in.
The flat is orderly, only the entrance is messy, especially the footprints on the ground and a white cloth...
"Gongsun?!" Bai Yutang checks the rooms, but Gongsun is nowhere to be found.
"Yutang, read this!" Zhan Zhao picks up the note on the coffee table and passes it to Bai Yutang.
Giving the note a quick sweep, Bai Yutang looks up at the building opposite. One look and he swears, "Shit!" and turns around to dash out. Zhan Zhao follows him swiftly.
"5th window on the 13th floor, who lives there?" Bai Yutang charges into the building and questions the security.
"Ah...You, what do you want?"
Zhan Zhao fetches his ID quickly, "We are police officers."
"Erh... That, that one is unoccupied, no...no one lives there..." The security answers uncertainly.
"Keys!" Bai Yutang glowers at him intensely, the security passes over the key immediately.
They reached 13th floor in no time, Bai Yutang pulls out his gun while Zhan Zhao fits the key into the door and turns it. Bai Yutang kicks open the door.
The flat is already empty, but the sight inside the flat stunned them.
It is a completely unrenovated flat, in front of the huge floor-to-ceiling window is a high zoom telescope and a couple of video cameras. The floor is a mess, covered in broken objects and torn photos. The entire wall is filled with a photo of Gongsun, all taken in secret: photos of him watching TV on the sofa, photos of him drying his hair after a shower, photos of him tying his tie, photos of him making a call...
Bai Yutang paces in circles and scratches his head in distress, why didn't he come over faster?!
Zhan Zhao scans the photos quickly and says suddenly, "I know who it is..."
"What?" Bai Yutang jumps up, "Who?"
"The guy from the mortuary!"
Bai Yutang starts running the moment he hears Zhan Zhao's words, pulling Zhan Zhao with him and making a call at the same, "Wang Chao, take the guys to the mortuary. Grab that funeral make-up artist, Chen Jing. He has kidnapped Gongsun! Quick!"

Leaping into his car, Bai Yutang fits his car with police light. He slams his gas pedal and speeds towards the mortuary.
"How did you know it's Chen Jing?" Bai Yutang finally has the time to ask Zhan Zhao while driving.
"Maybe, we were played, since the beginning."
"...What do you mean?" Bai Yutang overtakes the vehicles in front of him and grumbles, "If only we had a plane!"
"Those photos, the way they are shot, the composition, the lighting... All of it feels so familiar like I have seen it before!" Zhan Zhao grabs hold onto the roof handle tightly.
"..." Bai Yutang ponders silently for a while, "Those photos of dead bodies Chen Jing passed to Gongsun."
Zhan Zhao nods, "All those bodies were marked post mortem, in the hospital or the mortuary, the person who has access to all the bodies is..."
"The make-up artist!" Bai Yutang frowns, "He connected cases that are unrelated together, and made up a serial case."
"Yep!" Zhan Zhao agrees, "Because it happened to involve the Wu Hao case, so it led to the magnification of the cases."
"He killed Wu Hao." Bai Yutang speeds again, "Chen Jing's appearance matches with the description from the prisoners!"
Zhan Zhao shakes his head, "His behaviours display extreme paranoia, something must have triggered him to act this way."
"Must be my brother."
"Yep... He is mysophobia, he would never be able to stand the fact someone else has touched something he is so fond of... Your brother slept over at Gongsun's place last night, so it became too unbearable for him."
"Is Gongsun in danger?" Bai Yutang asks Zhan Zhao.
Zhan Zhao is quiet for a minute, "Based on his behaviour, he might kill Gongsun..."
"What? I thought he loves him?"
"Didn't you see those photos? He is someone who is very possessive or rather very controlling. He doesn't like it when people fight back. What kind of person will always be obedient and never fight back?"
Bai Yutang answers in despair after hearing Zhan Zhao's explanation, "...A dead one..."

In the darkroom, Gongsun is lying on the icy floor in his thin pyjamas. The chill rising from the ground causes the effect of anaesthetic to wear off quickly.
Gongsun opens his eyes slowly and the ceiling covered in a thick layer of filth is what comes into his sight first. Beside him, an electric light that flashes dimly.
"You're awake?" A hoarse voice sounds beside his ear.
Gongsun turns his head around to see Chen Jing kneeing beside him, staring into his eyes.
Due to the effect of anaesthetic, Gongsun feels as if his arms and legs weigh a ton and couldn't be moved at all.
"Why...?" Gongsun speaks, as if to himself.
"Haha..." Chen Jing cackles self-mockingly, "Of course you wouldn't understand, because you have never looked at me twice..."
Gongsun is quiet for a bit before saying, "Did you falsified the cases as well?"
"Yes." Chen Jing says downheartedly, "At first, I just wanted you to notice me, but I didn't expect you guys to actually establish a case based on it."
"Hm...Absurd, you murdered someone for this?"
"Absurd? You think this is absurd?!" Chen Jing got agitated, "Do you know how much I love you?!"
He stands up and starts to pace irritably, "I...Since the first time I met you...I...You dare to use the word absurd?"
Stopping his movement, Chen Jing looks down at Gongsun in a predatory expression, "Is it because of that man?"
Gongsun frowns, "Did you thought that the whole world is as twisted as you are?"
"..." After hearing Gongsun's words, Chen Jing narrows his eyes, but he pauses suddenly because he noticed the two red lines of words on Gongun's stomach:
"Bai Jintang was here. Bai Jintang has the sole right to develop this property, no other person should approach without permission. PS: Nice figure!!"
Chen Jing's eyes turn red and he breathes quickens. His body shakes uncontrollably as if the rage he feels is too much for his body to take.
At that moment, he hears a cold chuckle, a voice comments without warmth, "Can't you read? Why are you touching something that is not yours?"
Chen Jing feels a sharp pain in his shoulder before he had the chance to turn around. With a loud snap, his shoulder blade is crushed by the person behind him.
"AHHH." Harsh screams ring out.
Tossing Chen Jing away, he says to the persons in the darkness, "Remove him."
"Yes!" Two almost identical voices respond from the darkness, cold and unfeeling. Though Chen Jing is aggressive, he is kept under control quickly and escorted out.
Helping Gongsun up from the cold floor, Bai Jintang smiles, "I have helped you to catch the killer, how will you repay me now?"

When Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao reach the mortuary, they see the rest of the team from S.C.I. rushing out from the police cars.
They charge into the mortuary, but couldn't find Chen Jing and Gongsun anywhere.
Just as they were panicking, the door to incineration room opens. Bai Jintang strolls out carrying Gongsun, followed by two men who look identical and dressed identically, dragging the perp — Chen Jing along.