Chapter Twenty-Three

Robert drove around for an hour; he still couldn’t go back to the apartment yet. He wasn’t calmed enough, he was still angry and he didn’t know what to do. Robert spotted a bar and pulled over. He had told himself he was never going to drink his pain away, but right now it was just too much for him. Robert walked into the bar and sat on a stool at the bar. He waited for the bartender to come over to get him his drink.

“Well handsome what will it be?” the bartender asked Robert, she was about his age. She smiled at Robert as she started to flirt with him shamelessly. Robert stared at her, he thought she was pretty but she wasn’t for him. No one was ever going to be able to replace Preston. He was his one true love. He had to believe they could get through this

“Tequila and leave the bottle.” Robert said, bartender nodded her head went to grab him the bottle. She came back with two shot glasses and a bottle of Patron. She poured one for Robert and one for herself, “Here you go handsome. By the way my name is Renee.” She smiled at him before she took her shot. “So what’s your name and what’s troubling you?” Renee asked.

Robert didn’t really feel like talking about what was going on, but he had a feeling she wasn’t going to leave him alone. “I’m Robert, just having relationships problems right now. Nothing I can’t handle, just need time to think about how I’m going to fix it.” Robert took his shot and poured himself another one.

“Aw I’m sorry to hear about that. Whatever girl let you go is a damn fool.” She said, Robert snorted and took another shot.

“More like cheated, but it I don’t feel like getting into that right now. I just want to drink my pain away right now.”

“Well like I said she is a damn fool.” Robert shook his head; he should really tell her he was gay. Then maybe she would leave him alone and he can drink in peace. He poured another shot and drank it, he slammed the shot glass down on the counter and looked up at Renee.

“Just so you know I’m gay and it was my boyfriend, no wait my fiancée that cheated on me. Like I said I don’t feel like talking about it right now. So I would like it if you would leave me alone so I can drink myself stupid.” Robert pulled the bottle closer to him and poured another. Renee looked at him and took the bottle away from him.

“If you think that was going to scare me off, well you’re mistaken. I have a brother who is gay, so I have no problem with gays. But if you want to be an asshole and just drink yourself stupid, find another bar. But if want to talk to someone, because it does help then you can stay” Renee said, as she stared at Robert and waited for his respond. Robert stared her down as he reached for his wallet and pulled out a hundred dollar bill. He threw it on the counter and got off the stool, while he still looked at Renee.

“Well I guess I will be taking my business somewhere else. Keep the change and a word of advice, if someone doesn’t feel like talking you should respect their choice. Not everyone like having a nosy bitch in their business.” Robert turned around to leave, but turned back when he heard Renee speak again.

“Well I can see why your fiancée cheated on you, if I was with a dick like you I would cheat too!” she spat back, Robert walked back to the counter.

“You don’t know me or what I’m going through, so I would just keep my mouth shut if I was you.” Robert snapped back at her. She and Robert glared at each other until they heard someone call her name.

“Hey Sis, is this guy giving you a hard time.” A guy asked, Robert knew that voice and it was a really bad time for that person to be here right now. Robert kept his eyes on Renee while she spoke to Joaquin.