Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven     

   It was the weekend before Christmas, for the last couple of days Preston had been stuck in the kitchen with Robert's grandma. In those couple of days, she had managed to make him cry three times, because he started to whine. He was now regretting not tryng harder when Robert was trying to shoe him how to cook. Preston found out that when it came to liliana being in the kitchen, she wasn't the same sweet old lady he first met when he started going out with Robert. He had to admit she was good and he was actually learning.

        Robert had been watching Preston learn how to cook, and was impressed by how much Preston was improving.

        "Wow amor pretty soon you will be able to take over making dinner for us." Robert said as he was trying out the late lunch Preston had made by himself.

        "Well it's all thanks to abuelita; she is truly a great teacher." Preston said as he took a seat next to Robert. He took away the fork in Robert's hand and helped himself to his food. "Mmm this is good; I guess i'm not that bad of a cook." Preston scooped up some of the food and feed it to Robert. "I think I deserve a break tonight, don't you think so abuelita?" Preston asked as he continued to feed Robert.

        "Well I guess this one time I can let you have the night off from cooking. But just for tonight, we will continue tomorrow." Preston got up from the chair and hugged her.

        "Thank you, Preston then turned to Robert. "It's Saturday night and your taking me out to a club." Robert placed his fork down and looked up at him.

        "Amor if it was any other night I would, but I can't tonight." Preston's smile dropped.

        "Why not?" Preston didn't know why they couldn't go out tonight, he was sure Robert's parents wouldn't mind watching the twins. Robert let out a loud sigh.

        "The reason is because today is Chloe's birthday and I really don't feel right about going out, when she isn't here anymore." Preston had completely forgotten about her birthday.

        "Oh my god Robert O forgot, crap okay never mind then. We can just stay here and have a quiet evening together."

        "No, no you shouldn't have to stay home just because I don't feel like going out. You should go out; you can ask Vera and your cousins to go out with you."

        "No Robert I wouldn't feel right going out while you're here at home with the twin's. Just forget it, we can have a family night." Robert got up from his chair and walked over to where Preston was.

        "Amor look at me," Robert cupped Preston's face. "You have been working really hard lately and I know with the twins you haven't had much time to have fun. So I'm telling you to go out tonight, go have fun because once we go back to school we won't be having nights out anymore." Preston sighed, there was no point in arguing with Robert, once his mind was made up that was it.

        "Are you sure you won't  come with us, you should get out for one more night too."

        "I'm sure; I'm just not really in the mood to be around large crowds of people today."

        "Robert I just don't want you sitting around here all night sulking by yourself. We can go rent a movie, one that you will like and just stay in together."

        Amor i'm not going to tell you again, go out and have fun. If I were to go with you, i'm just going to bring everyone down. I know how much you need a night out so take it while you can." Preston didn't want to go without Robert, he sighed again.