Chapter 6: new family

Ashton and Zach met Bryan and I in our next class social studies. Ashton had cleaned Zach's injury and put a pink bandaid on it. I took a nap the whole class period because I suck at social studies and my teacher Mrs. Cyrus hates me. After school I convinced Ashton to come with me to the park. Bryan couldn't come because he had detention for skipping class, but Zach tagged along following Ashton. There were two swings at the park and I rushed to get one. Zach sat on the other swing hurriedly. "No fair I wanna swing too!" Ashton whined. "Fine babygirl you can sit on my lap" Zach said winking. Ashton blushed but she didn't protest. Zach pulled Ashton onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her. Ashton's face lit up and she smiled happily. Zach always had a big smile on his face every time he was around Ashton. I knew that they both cared for each other and was rooting for them. After swinging for about 10 minutes a small little boy came up to us crying. "Are you okay?" Ashton asked concerned. "I-I can't find my mommy" the little boy replied frightened. "Don't worry me and my friends will help you find her, what's your name?" Ashton said. "My name is Riley" the little boy said. "Zach take care of Riley while me and Baylee look for his mom" Ashton said commandingly. "Okay fine" Zach replied. Ashton grabbed my hand and forced me to help search for the little boys mom. While me and Ashton were searching Zach played with Riley chasing him around and picking him up into the air. After a hour of searching and still no sign of Riley's mother I finally said "maybe we should give up". "But what about Riley?!" Ashton asked. "He can stay with you or Zach if that's okay" I replied. "I can't my mom would freak, I'll ask Zach" Ashton said. "Zach" Ashton yelled. Zach came running over carrying Riley on his shoulders. "Yes babygirl?" Zach asked. "Can you take Riley home tonight, we still can't find his mother. We can search again tomorrow". "Sure I can take him home for the night" Zach said sympathetically. "Wow thanks so much Zach!" Ashton squealed hugging him. "How are you so good with kids?" I asked Zach. "Oh I have a little brother" Zach responded. "Aww that's adorable can I meet him sometime?" Ashton begged. "Sure anytime" Zach said back to Ashton smiling. Zach walked home with Riley and Ashton spent the night at my house. When we got home we plopped in the bed and fell asleep.

 Riley

Riley.