Chapter 5: her protector

After class I waited outside the door for Ashton. I had some interrogating to do. As soon as Ashton walked out I jumped on the opportunity. "What did Zach whisper to you?" I said nosily. "O-oh nothing" Ashton stuttered. I saw Ashton blush. She looked adorable. "Ashton tell me" I pleaded. "Fine" Ashton finally surrendered. Ashton leaned into my ear, her face bright red and whispered "he said "h-hey babygirl". I burst out laughing at how embarrassed she was. "Yesss girl he likes you" I said to Ashton teasingly. Ashton smiled. "Well I gotta get to class" I said to her walking off. My next class was science. I already knew I was late and Mrs. grillo was going to kill me. I didn't want to go to class. I thought about skipping. I texted Bryan. "Hey are you in class?" I asked. Bryan responded almost immediately saying "no I'm not are you?". "No where are you?" I replied. "I'm at the water fountain rn, come see me". I hurriedly walked to the water fountain to meet Bryan. He ran up and pulled me into his arms. His hugs always made me feel safe and comforted. "We shouldn't be out in the open like this" Bryan stated after we finished hugging. "Your right lets go to the library" I responded. Bryan and I walked into the library and sat at a table. Bryan let me lay my head on his lap as he played with my hair. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. Later I was woken up by a loud crash. I jumped up. "What happened?!" I yelled. Bryan held me and said "I don't know". I looked over and saw that a bookshelf had fell. I saw Zach holding up the bookshelf with both arms and Ashton hiding behind him. "Bryan help them!" I yelled out. Bryan rushed over and helped Zach push up the bookshelf. Zach then held Ashton in his arms. She was shaking. He patted Ashton's head and said "everything's okay now". Ashton cried "I'm so sorry, did you get hurt anywhere?!". "No I'm fine, I'm more worried about you" Zach said searching Ashton's body for any injuries. Ashton glanced at Zach's wrist and saw that it was swollen and bleeding. "Zach your hurt!" She yelled. "It's okay it's just a scratch" Zach responded nonchalantly. "No it's not, we're going to the nurse!" Ashton said demandingly while grabbing Zach's hand. Ashton dragged Zach to the nurses office while me and Bryan stayed behind. "I'm glad their okay" I said finally. "Me too" Bryan replied. I giggled at how concerned Ashton was for Zach. I knew that ashton would be good for Zach. It's the first time in a while that I've seen Zach care about anyone but himself.