Time To Say Goodbye

Even though I wasn't very happy because of the wedding, I wasn't the type of guy who would just stop everything and steal the bride; if she's happy - I'll get over it, but if he hurt her...I would kill him. I was a little bit jealous but I wanted to see her, I needed to. I once thought about her like a bride, she was in a big, gorgeous white wedding dress, with a long veil and the most precious jewelry of all - her smile. Except, in my mind I was the groom. I was the one who could take her hand in front of the altar and whisper: "you're beautiful" to her. And I would tell that to her every day for the rest of our lives. But another man was about to take my place.

Marina and some other helpers wonderfully welcomed us and introduced us to the chapel where the love of my life should be married to someone she loved, who made her happier than I did, probably.

As soon as she saw me coming, she grabbed my hand, pulled me to the side and told me that Jen needed me. I was surprised by that because I knew she was still hurt and a little bit mad and that she invited me to the wedding because we knew each other for a while and she promised me that when we just met, but I agreed to see her.

Jen's P.O.V.:

I was so nervous, I thought I looked like a mess, my cake was late, I didn't have anyone to lead me towards the altar, Marina was panicking so I started panicking, too. My dress was a little bit tighter than it was when I tried it for the first time...I was going crazy. It's was like the Universe was sending me some kind of a message not to do this. And back then, all I needed was a calm and steady person who could make my worries disappear in a second. So I sent Marina to get Mario.

As soon as he walked into the changing room, a smile appeared on his face and he looked satisfied with what he saw.

-Hi. -I nervously said. We were left alone.

-Hi. You look. - he paused for a bit. -Stunning.

-Thank you. - I blushed.

-How are you?

-Nervous. Excited. Happy. You know, mixed emotions.

-Oh..Well, calm down. Everything's gonna be alright. -I could see he was shaking too and his palms were sweaty.

-I need to ask you something.

-What?

-Could you hand me to the groom?

-Uhm...Sure. Of course. Why not? - he was nervous more than I was.

The wedding started. I took Mario's hand and he led me to the altar.

Damon looked at me like I was some goddess, he couldn't take his eyes off me. But instead of seeing him in front of me, all I could imagine was Mario's face instead of his and that scared me a bit. 

-You look amazing, honey.- he told me.

-Thank you.

The wedding started well and everything went good until Mario's phone rang and interrupted the Priest. 

The Priest just went on with the wedding when Mario's phone rang again.

-Mr.Gotze,if you could please just-

-Wait! -I yelled and ran by his side. -Who is it?-I whispered to him.

-It's AK.

-Answer it! Maybe she needs you.

Everybody was looking at us like we were doing the weirdest and dumbest thing ever.

-Hello? What?! Oh, God, okay, I'll be there in ten minutes, just calm down.-he was saying.