Regrets

My phone rang again. To my surprise, it was Mario.

-Hey, Mario, what's up? - I tried to sound calm.

-Have you seen the news? - he asked, sounding nervous. 

-Yeah, I did... Unfortunately. - I sighed. 

-Those bastards... I'm going to kill somebody. 

-Look, calm down, it's okay, just try talking to them and talk to AK and-

-She's so angry, I can't even look at her. - he interrupted me once again. - I don't know how we're going to solve this.

-Everything's going to be alright, I promise..

- How do you see positive in everything, Jen? How do you stay so optimistic? 

-It's not that great, trust me, there's a hidden side of everybody. I just... Believe you're going to fix everything.

- Thanks,Jen.

- And Mario?

-Yeah?

-I'm sorry.

-For what?

-For getting you in trouble.

-I'm not.

-What?

-Listen,I have to go now, see you soon!

-Wait,what did you- - he hung up.

I really didn't understand what he meant by the thing he said. He wasn't sorry that they almost ruined him and his relationship? He would just throw the last two years of his life in the trash? I was confused.

I couldn't sleep that night. Even though I felt really tired, I just could't fall asleep. I tried to calm down, I drank some pills, made some tea, read but all my attempts failed. It was all useless. I gave up and got up around five A.M and made myself some coffee. I loved looking trough the big windows of my apartment. It was a cold, rainy day, the sky was no longer blue, but colored dark grey and it was cloudy. It was foggy outside and I could hear storms and thunder in the distance. A perfect day to stay home. Perfect Autumn.. My alarm clock soon warned me it was already six and that I had to get ready for work. I took a shower,got dressed in my favorite orange dress and a pullover, I put some makeup on and I locked the door on my way out.

Apparently, there was a surprise waiting for me outside, in front of my building. Manuel was waiting for me with his car.

-Hallo!- he yelled happily.

-Hey, Manuel, what are you doing here?

-I thought you'll need a ride to work maybe?

-Ahh that was really thoughtful of you! Thank you.

-Come on, get in.- he opened the door for me like a real gentleman. He was a pleasant company and he was a great friend but I could notice he looked at my on another way.. Maybe I just imagined that, but.. He just wanted to get close to me.

-How was work yesterday?

-It was great. I already made some friends on my first day. - I said proudly.

-Really? That's great! I'm so glad! - he sounded genuine. 

We talked mostly about my work and our interests while we rode. He seemed pleasant to talk to.

Mario's P.O.V.:

I just had some kind of a weird need to see her. I had to see her eyes again and touch her pale skin and blonde hair. I missed her so much. I had no idea I could feel this way about someone I barely knew.

Well,she's probably taken, how could a beautiful girl like that be single? I should've asked her..-But my heart broke when I saw her with Neuer. I could see that they were close, he helped her go to work, they laughed, they talked... How could I be so blind?! And out of all people it's Neuer! My teammate and close friend... I felt so sick looking at them, so I got back home and sat on the bed. AK was still sleeping, until one moment.

-Baby, where have you been?- she mumbled.

-I went for a walk, I was bored. You're not still mad?

-I am. I want to know if you went to see her?!- she suddenly woke up.

- What are you talking about?! Look,we're just friends, I have nothing with that girl,okay?!

-Stop lying to me, Gotze! We both know you went to see her!

I stopped talking.

-I'm packing my bags and leaving.- she got out of the bed but I pulled her back - Leave me alone! - she pushed me away. 

-You're not going anywhere! - I yelled. I didn't want her to leave, I still had some kind of feelings for her, it's just that... Her possessive side drove me crazy.

-Let me go!- she pushed me back, took her bags and packed her things. She was gone.

I felt so empty. And my apartment was suddenly empty. Like my soul. It's weird how people tend to lose everything they love in a second. I lost Jen and Ann-Kathrin. I was broken.

Neuer was lucky we didn't have training that day or I would make a big problem.