Part One*

We came out of the dorm and sat on the chairs outside. Being a law student is something I have always wanted and now I think I might really make that dream a reality if Baba decides to let me live my life.

My name is Abubakar Aliyu, I am 23 years and I am in law school.
I have 2 others siblings who are also male, I'm the first child and that's the sole reason I can't live my life normally. My father is the Chief Justice Of Nigeria so he practically forced me to go to court and what not. Long story short, I control 30% of my life and that's thanks to my grandma who wouldn't let my dad control it anymore than he already has.

"Abubakar!" He calls me.

I turn around and look at him as if asking why the hell he was disturbing me.

"Stop looking at me like that. Are we suppose to be on the plaintiff's side or the defendant?"

"The plaintiff" I say back.
"I don't get why we have to keep doing all of this trash when we only have 2 months left" Garba says to me.

"Kai mah kasan wahala kawai yakeso ya bamu (you know he just wants to see us in pain)"
"Wallahi every time I see his face I feel like punching him, he has anirritating face"

"I know" I say back.
"So...are you going to Yasmin's party?"

"Definitely, she invited me personally"
"And she flirted?" He asks with a smirk on his face.

"You know she did. Let's go in already I'm tired of sitting outside".

"Do we have to find separate evidence to prove our client's innocence or do we just find it and work on it together?"
"Separately" I reply.

"You really don't miss a word, do you?"

"Nope I can't"
I stand, stretching.

"Finally, we can rest a bit from all the work we have been doing today" Garba says releasing a heavy sigh.

"Wallahi, my hands are literally shaking"
"Well at least you know after all this you have a direct entry to whatever you want since your father has the power and the connections".

"It comes in handy sometimes but it sucks too, for instance the fact that he doesn't want me dating girls who aren't above or on our social class"

"And here I am dating as many girls as I want"
"Which also comes in handy" I say as we laughed like maniacs.

::

My phone keeps ringing and I finally pick it up.

Hello?

Abu?

Mama?
I say sitting up.

Why didn't you pick the first 4 times I called?

I was sleeping.

Is that what you do when you are in school? Sleep?

Mama it's still early and I don't have lectures till 3pm.

So waking up at 8 is still early?

Anyway how is Fawaz and Kasim?

They are fine. I want you to come and open the door I'm tired of standing.

You're here?

Yes and I am. Waiting Impatiently.

Okay I'll be right there.

I quickly hang up and kick Garba off the bed.
"What the hell!?" He groans.

"Mama is outside the door" I say panicking.

I quickly put on my pajama shirt and ran to the parlor to get it a bit tidier so the complains and scolding would be less. Garba comes out battling with his three quarter shorts and shirt.  She knocks again.

"I'm coming" I yell out picking the pillows and throwing them on the couch.
At least the place didn't look as messed up as it was.

I jogged to the door and opened it, revealing my high class fashionable mother standing, holding her bag like she was modeling.

She barges in with my two lazy brothers following behind her.
"Yo! How far?" I say as Kasim and I tap hands. He and I have always had a relationship that didn't go as far as talking for over 20mins.

"Okay I guess, how's things going?" He asks me back.
"Well our mother is here, what do you think?"

Meanwhile mama was too busy inspecting the house she didn't bother asking how I was.

"We missed you. We prefer you taking us to school" Fawaz says hugging me. He was my favorite out of the two. He is blunt and less annoying. Maybe because he is just 15 and not in that 'I'm not a child anymore' phase.

"But Kasim can drive "
"It's always speedy and annoying"
He says and I laugh.

Mama comes out with Garba following behind her like he was caught stealing.
"Why is this house so filthy, Abu?"
"Mama I have been too busy to sweep, mop or dust"

"But you have time to sleep"
"If I don't sleep how will I focus?"
"Stop with the excuses"

I stay quiet not in any mood to irritate myself anymore than I have to.

"Why are you here?" I ask.
"Look the only reason I let you two have your own place is because you promised you would not joke around and that was why I convinced your father but don't make me change my mind. Anyway your grandmother forced me to bring you this bucket of stew when she found out I was coming"
I nod "Thanks"
"Let's go" She says walking out.
Fawaz waves and walk out.

"Wow! You really are unfortunate"

"At least Kaka sent us her amazing stew. Go buy us bread and coke while I warm and serve it".
"Your mum was here for less than ten mins"
"Just go"
"Okay okay" he walks out.

'Eat breakfast and enjoy your day'. I tell myself..

Hello people.
New Book.
Hope you like it too.