Surprise

When they got home, Fletch fussed around getting a foot stool to keep her ankle elevated and making sure she was comfy.
Jesus. Who'd marry a nurse
"Fletch stop. Sit down. I'm fine and you're getting on my nerves"
"Charming"
"Oh shut up you know me. This is what you signed up for"
"I know, he flopped beside her and grasped her hand"
"See that's much better" she smiled
"Jac, what do you want to do about Johnny? I mean he could be charged for the way he acted and you getting hurt"
"I know but he was drunk and upset. I can't prosecute the father of my child Fletch"
"He could've killed you or hurt Emma or Luc"
"But he didn't. I think it will be punishment enough that Emma is scared of him now. I'm sure that will fade but for now she says she doesn't want to see him. I spent a lot of time hating him but I do feel sorry for them. I mean she's so young and to be told you can't have children...."
"And we've got 6"
"Yes we've got 6. That's us being lucky having a family like this"
Jac snuggled into Fletch and counted her blessings. There had been few moments in her life where she had been this content.
There was a knock on the door
"Who's this?" Fletch said getting up
He opened the door and was nearly knocked over as a woman jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist
"Fletch"
"Emily? What are you doing here?"
"Surprise!"
"Definitely that" he said lifting her off him "you'd better come through"
Jac was straining to hear who was at the door. Definitely a woman's voice
"Jac this is Emily. Emily this is my fiancé Jac"
"Hi" Emily said brightly
"Erm Hello" Jac said throwing a confused look at Fletch
"So you're getting married again. Me, then Nat now Jac"
Jac nearly choked on her juice
"You two were married? Slipped your mind Fletch?"