Don't over think it

They arrived back at Fletch's a while after. Stepping into the hall there was a silence not usually present in this house.
Tentatively they went into the living room where they found Sacha, Serena. Evie and Mikey engrossed in some reality tv show
"Hi we're back" Fletch announced
"Hi how's things?"said Jac
"I'll come through"Sacha said making his way out
"How was surgery?"
"As straightforward as a heart transplant ever is"
"Oh just you've been quite a while"
Jac  blushed "well we grabbed something from Pulses before we came home"
Fletch smirked remembering what they'd done after eating that also held them up
Sacha gave them a suspicious look "Anyway the little ones are in bed. Sorry hun, Emma was shattered I couldn't keep her awake so she's bunked in with Ella. I think she did that a couple of times when you were in hospital"
"Ok. I'll give Serena a lift home what about you Jac?" He raised an eyebrow
"My car's outside. I'll just pop in to check on Emma. Might have a cuppa so don't wait up. Thank you so much for babysitting"
Sacha and Serena left, Serena giving them a knowing look that suggested the kids had blown their cover
"So" Fletch said taking  her in his arms "are you really just staying for a cuppa?"
"I should get home"
"Why don't you stay. Emma's here anyway"
They went to the kitchen whilst Fletch made tea
"I didn't realise that Emma had stayed here when I was ill"
"Yeah I think it was only one night when Sacha had to work. Problem?"
"No it's just that that was after I'd said about not wanting to be with you in case the kids got close. It was probably unfair of me to ask you, along with Sacha to look after her but you're one of the few people on earth that I would trust with her. Now, whether we're together or not she's a little bit part of your family"
Fletch sat down and handed her the mug of tea
He took her hand
"Jac, you're overthinking this. I know that 'going with the flow' is not your style but I'm the expert. Emma enjoys it here. We're happy aren't we and I am not planning on messing this up and I'm not going to let you either"
He lifted her hand and brushed her knuckles with his lips
"When did you get so good at calling me on all my crap?"
"I've always been able to you just didn't notice"
"Fletch - if I stay it's another big step. It's all a bit mum and dad"
"And you're not ready for that" he said a little dejected
"That's just it, I think I am but I'm scared"
"Stay" he implored
"Oh put those puppy dog eyes away Fletcher" she laughed "Ok I'll stay tonight it we can't make this a regular thing and no funny business Adrian Fletcher"