[Chapter 16]

After the announcement left the leader's lips, six pairs of eyes turned towards Jungkook. The maknae sunk deeper into the couch, lowering his head as he felt anxious under his hyungs' stare.

"But why?"

Jungkook gulped. He too wasn't expecting the news.

"I thought Band PD still remember Jungkook's condition." Hoseok continued, turning his eyes towards the leader.

Namjoon sighed. "Well...he does. It's just...he needs to debut a group as soon as possible. He needs money to run the company, and having only producers and underground artists doesn't help that much."

"But why a competition?" Taehyung questioned, looking back at the leader.

"Bang PD wants to know which group deserve to debut." Namjoon answered.

"But Jungkook's arm isn't healed yet." The oldest complained, looking worriedly towards Namjoon. "He still can't attend the dance practice. How should he prepare for the competition?"

"It's been four weeks since the incident. The doctor said it would take five 'til seven weeks to be completely healed." Namjoon voiced his thoughts, standing up from his previous position on the couch and sauntering towards the maknae. "We still have a month and a half left."

"You have a plan?" Hoseok asked him, watching as Namjoon took a seat beside Jungkook, biting his lip when Namjoon took Jungkook's injured arm ever so gently and placed in on his lap, massaging the maknae's palm and upper arm, easing the pain.

Namjoon nodded at the question. "I do. For the first two weeks, we can make four songs for the competition while waiting for Jungkook's arm to be completely healed. We'll begin with the choreography afterwards."

They smiled when Jungkook leaned on Namjoon's shoulder, the massage visibly relaxed him as he listened to the leader explaining his plan.

Namjoon smiled as well before proceeding with his explanation. "As I said before, we have to perform four songs; one song for vocal line, one song for rapper line, and two songs for the seven of us along with the choreography. While waiting for Jungkook's arm to be fine again, we can focus on perfecting our vocal."

"Do we have enough time?" Jimin voiced out his worry. "I mean...we're not that ready. We only have a month if we use two whole weeks just to make the song. Is a month enough for making the choreo and memorising it?"

"Maybe we can try with the group song first?" Yoongi asked the leader.

Namjoon nodded. "We can. We'll start with the group song first and finish it as soon as possible, so Sungdeuk hyung will have enough time to make the choreo. As for Hoseok, we need to put our own style into the choreo, so you participate in the choreo making."

Hoseok beamed at the suggestion, entirely exciting to be able to do something that he good at, fully aware that he wouldn't be able yet make a song as good as Namjoon and Yoongi.

It was in that moment that they understood why Bang PD had chosen Namjoon to be their leader. Namjoon had calculated everything and made a good plan that wouldn't harm anyone. Jungkook got his time to heal completely and while waiting, they could write the song, record it and practice their vocal.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook suddenly mumbled, breaking the silence in the room. All heads turned towards him in confusion, every smile that had bloomed on their lips withered away, earning a nervous maknae. "It...it was...i-it my fault that I...uh...went alone...at night."

"Sshhh, none of that." Seokjin responded without missing a beat. "This is something that you couldn't control, Kookie-ah. We couldn't blame you since it's always safe around here and that incident was the first."