chapter one - les jolies sont toujours mortelles

Les jolies sont toujours mortelles; The pretty ones are always fucking brain dead.

Sacha's apartment.
Omniscient
He sat anxiously bouncing his knee up and down. His soft, chocolate-coloured skin glistening in the darkness, he could feel the sweat trickling down his forehead passing his lips and making it's way down to his thick beard. His heart was pounding in his chest.

Sacha sat beside his apartment window, waiting for his target to arrive. He turned around in his seat, facing the clock in the back, squinting his eyes to get a better view, he could just about make out what the time was. "12:15" he mumbled to himself. "We've been up all night, let's just take care of him now" A deep voice announced causing Sacha to sigh,

"He's in public, just be patient, I've been doing this for years, I know what I'm doing Asmodée ." He snapped. "Whatever you say professional." Asmodée mocked.

                         ———————

So, tell me a bit about your childhood"

She breathed out moodily as she look around the room, immediately feeling angry, she focused on a photograph in the distance in an attempt to tame her  anger.

"There's nothing to tell, I grew up in a small town with my brother and sister, played sports, baked cookies, nothing interesting. We've been over this already." She replied dryly, surprised her voice didn't give away her annoyance. Samuel shook his head in frustration.

He was trying to be patient with her, but after a month of sessions he was tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

"We've been doing this for weeks now and you still haven't opened up Salem. I mean, what's the point of coming here if you don't want hel-" "I do want help!" She replied defensively, tearing her eyes away from the photograph, "I never said I didn't." She continued. "Then act like it, I'm not trying to offend you by asking you these questions Salem, I just want to help you, it seems like you've been through a lot and because of that you want to protect yourself at all costs because you think I'm planning on using your past against you, Correct?" He asked, his thick accent stunting his pronunciations.

She paused before nodding her head slowly, "Yes." She answered hesitantly. He could see through her like glass and she knew this, she didn't know if this was a bad or good thing, but she knew that she couldn't let her guard down just yet, she had remembered what happened the last time she was stupid enough to do that and she wasn't prepared to let herself get hurt once again. Who's to say he won't use everything you say against you?

He wouldn't be the first to do it. She thought

"Well, I won't. Just trust me, please. I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to help, but I can only do that if you let me." Dr. Samuel continued, dropping his clipboard "I know.." she answered quietly.

"So.." he started, adjusting his glasses, "will you let me?" 

                       ————————

                       ————————

After fixing himself a bowl of cereal Sacha sat back down beside the window. "Has he left yet?" He asked Asmodée. "No, surprisingly, he hasn't."

"Hm." Sacha mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He usually only spent about ten minutes in the building so he was confused as to what he could've been doing for an hour, had he found him out? Just as he began to plan his next move he walked out of the building holding hands with a tall, darker skinned woman wearing a pair of glasses. "That must be the patient" Asmodée stated.

Sacha watched their every move as she smiled, wiping her eyes and taking the man into a deep but friendly embrace, focusing on the woman's slim, yet curvy physique which caused him to lick his lips hungrily. "Well..n'est-elle pas une vue pour les yeux endoloris.." Asmodée started, "You know how much i love chocola-" "Not now Dée!" Sacha snapped once again, "Contrôle-toi! We've got a motherfucking job to do, focus, for once."

This wasn't the first time Sacha had seen a woman catch Asmodée' attention, it was no secret that his friend could be quite the pervert when referring to beautiful women. His intensiveness worried him at times (as Asmodée was never afraid to share his darkest thoughts) but it never bothered him, He just hated when it interfered with his work.

Sacha and Asmodée focused their attention back on the pair. Soon, they both turned and went their separate ways. "Take the shot man," Asmodée persisted, handing over his firearm, "it's now or never."

Opening the window carefully to avoid drawing attention, Sacha pointed the gun towards his target and breathed in deeply.

"Do it." Asmodée whispered in his ear. "Do it. Shoot him. Kill that fucking bastard." he continued intensely. "This is sloppy Asmodée. Are you sure about this.." Sacha asked.

"Yeah."

"Tirez sur ce négro."

Sacha breathed out carefully, feeling his heart thump violently in his chest. He scanned the area, seeing nobody around, and squeezed the trigger.

                          ——————-
Salem was ready to drive off when she heard a loud noise nearby.

BANG

She screamed and ducked down in her seat, trembling.

Any other day she would've driven off but it sounded like the noise happened near Samuel's office and she wanted to check on him.

She reached for her car keys. Feeling her heart beat heavily in her chest, she used her keys to open the car and walked towards the office.

She felt stupid for going back but she couldn't just leave without checking on Samuel.

She reached the office, and her eyes swelled up with tears. Looking down, to see Samuel, drenched, in a pool of his own blood. His eyes and mouth hung open.

He hadn't even expected it.

Salem felt her world spin before her eyes as stumbled backwards slowly, nearly tripping over herself. Warm tears rolled down her cheek.

She staggered back towards her car when she heard another gunshot, causing her breath to stop.

She fell to her knees as she felt the something graze her cheek.

                            ————-

"ASMODÉE!" Sacha exclaimed, prying the gun out of his cold hands. He stared as Asmodée grinned devilishly. "Dumb bitch should've minded her fucking business. Les jolies sont toujours mortelles."

Sacha sighed, "You know we gotta take care of her now, right? She saw where it came from, thanks to your terrible aim. Don't you always talk about how you never miss?"

"And I don't, I want her alive..for now. Relax, we'll take care of her, take a picture of her registration number and we'll start from there." Asmodée smiled, watching her slip and fall, causing her wig to fly off into the breeze before picking herself up and sprinting to her vehicle. "It is truly a shame we have to kill her," Asmodée started once again,

"ce cul était gros."