Quest for Annie

The blonde haired girl woke up, stretching. It was early but at least she had time to get ready and have some free time before she had to go to school. Yawning, she got up and went to her bathroom, brushing her teeth and brushing her blonde hair. "Annie, why are you up already?" Her room mate and best friend, Hitch asked. "I could ask the same. You're lazy" Annie responded in a dull tone. "Do you intend to hurt my feelings? You're so hurtful, Annie" Hitch moaned, pretending to cry. However, it didn't spark a reaction out of Annie who continued to brush her hair. Hitch rolled her eyes and yawned. "Whatever, just hurry up. I want to have a shower before school" She shut the door and took refuge on the living room sofa, flicking through channels.

Hitch heard the sound of the shower turning on in the bathroom. Rolling her eyes yet again she thought 'I'm not going to get the chance to have a shower before school an I?'. She grabbed hold of Annie's female titan plush toy and hugged it as she lay on her back thinking of what she was going to do today. Perhaps spend time with her boyfriend, Marlowe.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the door bell ringing. She sighed and got up. Who could it be at this time? She opened the door revealing Bertholdt, visibly sweating with the most nervous and uncomfortable look on his face. "Can I help you?" Hitch asked, tapping her foot and crossing her arms. "I'm here to ummm uhh speak to Annie" He stammered. "Well, you can speak to her in school, she's showering right now" Hitch said and Bertholdt turned a bright red. "Stop thinking perverted things! Just speak to her in school. You're in the same class, aren't you?" She went to slam the door in his face but he stopped it. "Fine,okay, but can you help me? I'm really nervous about asking her out and you're her room mate so you know her best" Bertholdt pleaded, he sounded so innocent.

Hitch let out a huge sigh but agreed. "Fine, I'll help you but I'm not going to ask her out for you. I'll help you build up the courage to ask her yourself since I've never seen you look so weak" She said and Bertholdt's eyes lit up. "Thank you, Hitch" "Yeah, Yeah but you owe me big time" She said, shutting the door in his face. "Hitch, who was at the door?" Annie asked , stepping out of the bathroom. "Oh, it was nothing" She said. "Finally, you're done. I can't take long now" Hitch quickly ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Annie rolled her eyes at Hitch's behaviour but proceeded in getting ready for school.

Later that day

Hitch rested against her locker, conversing with her boyfriend, Marlowe. "So you agreed?" He asked. "Yeah, why not, maybe he'll get her out of her shell. Also maybe eventually get her out of my hair" Hitch replied, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger. "Are you sure she won't reject him?" "I don't know. She hasn't told me that she likes anyone" Hitch said.

"Hey" Bertholdt said, walking up towards the two, a few people following behind him. "These are my best friends, Reiner and Marcel" Bertholdt said, pointing at the two boys behind him. "Isn't Annie a part of your group? How come she didn't follow you?" Hitch asked, cocking her head to the side. "She had something to do but she didn't tell us what it was" Bertholdt stated. "This is my boyfriend, Marlowe" Hitch said, pointing at the black-haired boy standing behind her.

"So, I've heard you need as much help as possible to build up the courage to ask Annie out" Marlowe said. "Well, to start, you can't ask her out without a set location. Do you have any idea where you could take her?"

Bertholdt looked puzzled and didn't know exactly what to say. "You mean to say that you didn't have a specific location in mind?" Hitch questioned, shocked. "When you came round this morning did you not have a plan on where you were going to take her?" She facepalmed, sighing but her eyes sparked up as soon as she thought of something. "Oh, I know. You can take her to the festival tomorrow. That's romantic" Hitch said, smirking.