»»----- 𝟟 -----««

Taehyung woke up to someone shaking him. He opened his eyes to see the same nurse as yesterday looking at him.
Taehyung stretched and looked out the window it was still dark outside, why was he being woken up? Fear crept into his heart and his head whipped round to look at Jungkook's bed. He wasn't there. His eyes immediately became watery as he looked back at the nurse, fearing the worst.

"Where is he?" Taehyung asked quietly. The nurse sighed and bent down, picking up his hand.
"I'm sorry but he didn't make it. He died about an hour ago, I didn't want you to wake up alone"
The tears instantly began to fall down his cheeks "no!" He shouted "he said he would get better! He was so sure!"
"I'm so sorry" The nurse apologised her own eyes getting watery.
"Can I see him?"
The nurse nodded and she pulled him up.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Taehyung wasn't sure if the news had really set in. He felt as if Jungkook wasn't gone, that he was still there, that this was all a dream. He walked down the corridor, getting pulled along by the nurse. Maybe, it was an accident and Jungkook was still alive because Taehyung could still feel his presence as if he was right next to him.

However this reality was shattered when he stepped into the morgue. The body was laid down on a metal table, a sheet covering it. The nurse smiled sadly at him before giving him a pat on the shoulder and left.

"Ah" a man's voice came from behind him "you must be here to see him"
Taehyung didn't like the look of the older man who had just walked into the morgue, there was something creepy about him, something unsettling. He walked over to the metal table and the man slowly pulled the sheet down revealing the face underneath it.

Taehyung stares at it, his eyes not able to move away from it no matter how much he wanted them to. It was Jungkook. His face was ghostly white, his eyes closed. His face looked frailer than Taehyung remembered and his skin seemed thinner. It was at that point Taehyung's shaky legs gave in, sending him tumbling to the floor as he cried.

His heart sent pains throughout his entire body and his hysteria made his head hurt but there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. The only person that could was gone.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The hospital called Jin to come collect Taehyung and Jin came  straight away. Taehyung sat quietly on a chair in the waiting room waiting for Jin. His intense crying had eventually stopped and Taehyung was sure he had no tears left. His heart ached for his other half who he couldn't see anymore.

Tears began to threaten his eyes again but Taehyung tried his best to not let them fall again, not with all the children around the place. He didn't want to scare them.

He eventually saw the dark head of Jin walk through the door. Taehyung noticed the red rings around his eyes meaning that he was most likely crying too before he got here but he had probably tried his best to hide the fact in order to be strong for Taehyung.

"Hyung" Taehyung croaked out.
Jin held out his arms and Taehyung ran into them feeling slightly comforted by the warmth Jin provided but it was nothing compared to Jin.
"I know, I know" Jin whispered as he stroked Taehyung's back as the tears Taehyung had been desperately trying to keep in fell and soaked Jin's jumper but neither were caring.

They pulled away from each other and walked solemnly to Jin's car both trying not to start crying again as they knew it would just set the other one off.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

The car ride was silent except for the quiet music Jin put on to break it. When they arrived at Jin and Namjoon's shared apartment, Taehyung felt numb. He wanted nothing more than to go home and curl up in bed.