»»----- 𝟙 -----««

Taehyung stared at Jungkook wide eyed unable to obtain any of the information he was telling him.

"No" He eventually said cutting off whatever Jungkook was saying next. Jungkook stopped and looked at him his eyebrows raised.
"This must be some sort of sick joke Kookie, please tell me it is" Taehyung pleaded.
Jungkook shook his head "I have cancer Tae, I can't change that and neither can you. I'm telling the truth, I got my results back today"

Taehyung shoved the dining chair back as he stood up "I won't believe it. This can't happen, not to you"
Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and looked away from Taehyung and Taehyung could tell he was only making it worse. He sighed and shuffled over to Jungkook, putting his arms tightly around him. That's when Jungkook broke down, tears pouring down his face. The minute the first tear fell Taehyung found himself tearing up as well but he forced himself not to cry save a few tears that fell down without his permission.

"I-if you want to leave, I-I understand" Jungkook hiccuped. Taehyung perched himself on Jungkook's knee and rested his head in the crook of Jungkook's neck, cradling Jungkook's head to his chest "I could never leave you Kookie"
He held up his left hand which had a golden band wrapped around the ring finger. His engagement ring, which Jungkook had given him only 2 months prior.

"See this? We may not have actually made the vows yet but through sickness and health. I'll stay with you forever Kookie" Tae told him and placed a kiss on his forehead. More tears escaped Jungkook's eyes, making Tae's shirt even wetter. "I've got more news"
Tae looked it him a worried expression across his face "what?" He asked cautiously.
"Th-the cancer, i-it's terminal"
Tae stilled in his seat, he had tried so hard to be strong for Jungkook but with this he couldn't do it. Tears began rolling down his cheeks in an endless flow and he hugged Jungkook closer to him.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

They stayed like that for what felt like hours until Taehyung got the courage to speak again "how long?" He whispered not able to speak any louder.
"A year, 2 at most" Jungkook answered.
Taehyung was speechless so he just sat there, gripping onto Jungkook trying to wrap his head around this.
Jungkook put his arms around him and squeezed him lightly.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung whispered and Jungkook hummed in response "I'm scared"
He sighed "I am too but it'll be okay, you will be okay"
Taehyung shook his head "I won't. I can't. I can't live without you Kookie. You're my everything, my entire world. What will I do without you?"
Jungkook shook his head "don't say that Tae, you're making it worse"

A knock came from the door and Taehyung got off of Jungkook's knee, wiping the tears away from his face trying to clean up.
"I better go answer that" he said quietly and made his way out of the room and towards the front door.

He opened the door to reveal Jin standing with a big smile on his face, that is until he saw Taehyung. He took one look at his red, bloodshot eyes and messy hair and he knew that something was wrong.
"Is everything okay Taehyung?" Jin asked cautiously.
Taehyung shook his head, looking down so Jin wouldn't see him cry. Jin put his arms around him "Hey, it's okay. Just tell me what's wrong"

Taehyung took Jin's wrist and pulled him into the living room where Jungkook was now sat, not looking any better than Taehyung.
"What's up?" Jin asked looking at both of them "did youse have a row?"
Taehyung shook his head and sat next to Jungkook, cuddling into him.

Jin stayed standing just looking at them, confused "can someone tell me what's happening"
Jungkook eventually looked up at him, he looked even worse than Taehyung "I'm dying, hyung" Jungkook sighed.
"What?!" Jin exclaimed, out of everything he didn't expect that to be what had happened.
"I-I have cancer, I got the results and I told Taehyung earlier" Jungkook exclaimed squeezing his boyfriend tighter half to comfort him, half to comfort himself.