Maami summoned her to her room and gave her some talks about how to behave in front of the in laws.

All the talk was making her nervous.

At 1:30 PM, after Dhuhr, the in laws arrived.

☆☆☆

A/ N : now I'm gonna go back to Munaar ' s p.o.v.😂😂

I was sitting in my room with my cousins and best friends, we snapped loads of pictures and we were just gisting and making fun, they were teasing me endlessly.

Then goggo fadimatu came in to tell us, they had arrived, they meaning, my potential in-laws.

Immediately, all the fun and cheer in my life vanished, I felt like I was being thrown into a pit, a deep dark pit.

My stomach started churning and I started to perspire rapidly, my breaths were coming  in heaves and the world started moving around me, I was just hearing voices and I almost blacked out when nanah noticed, she pulled me into a hug and rubbed circles on my back.

She whispered soothing words into my ear and I gained half of my courage back, they all left the room to me and went downstairs to greet the in-laws and see the kayan lefe, and all that.

I took my phone and started scrolling through my instagram feeds. And a notification popped up,

From Nana.

Nanah : omo girl you are lucckkkky😲😉😄💃
Me : what?😒
Nanah : a frigging car keyyyyy! 😍🙌🙆
Me : umm....so?..where?
Nanah : in yhur kayan lefe dude🙆😍💃
Me : so I should tear pant?
Nanah : hmm...ke dai akwai gist later.
Me: ohk😡

It seemed like hours and hours before Maami and Goggo Meiramu came to tell me to go downstairs, my mother in law and some of Nour's aunties want to see their bride.

Goggo meiramu adjusted my veil on our way downstairs and told me some courage boosting speeches....I smiled at her and ducked my head as I salammed my way into the front living room.

All eyes were suddenly on me, Goggo Meiramu directed me to a place near Ammi(Nour's mum) and I squatted down in respect.

"Ina wuni Ammi (good afternoon)" I said in a shy timid voice I never knew I had.

" A'ah, Munaar, lafiya qalau.....you don't need to squat down to greet me....Please tashi (stand up) kinji.... I am also your mum ai" she said and engulfed me in a hug, her scent enveloped me. She broke the hug and kissed my forehead.

The whole parlour went into an uproar of yodelling.

She sat back on the sofa and I sat at her foot and lowered my head, playing with the hem of my veil.

"I know we are rushing you into this but I want to hear your views too....are you happy about this, do you want to marry my son?" She asked, the sincerity coating her words.

I looked up a little and I saw Maami's worried look. Her eyes were begging me to stay positive, even though I wanted to say no, I found myself nodding my head. She smiled and pat the top of my head affectionately.

"Toh alhamdulillaah, I am sure I am not making a wrong choice....Munaar, take me as your mom not your mother in law. ....bana son surkuta. ...kinji.."

" Toh Ammi.....inshallah" I squeaked and they all yodelled, when in reality most of them sounded like toads with a sore throat. I just wanted to stick my fingers in my ears.

" yawwa 'ya ta (my daughter) Allah hafiz habibty"

I greeted the aunties individually and they all welcomed me warmly, and they showered me with words of praises and bla bla bla, what aunties do