“Na Eun, please stop and let’s talk”, Jimin said but he didn’t see the screwdriver flying in his direction. It hit him in his left ear. “Ouch!”.

“Shit”, I thought he would duck at the last tool that flew but it was too late. Worried, I rushed to his side with Jin and saw that his ear is bleeding.

“Why didn’t you duck?”, I confronted as I looked closely at his wound.

“Yah! You think after all the tools you’ve thrown he will not get tired?”, Jin’s high-pitched voice was heard all over the shop.

“It’s okay, Jin. I deserved that”, Jimin looked at me with apologetic eyes.

“You sure you’re okay? Because right now I don’t want to be in the middle of your own little war”, my boss asked.

I stared at Jin with invisible flying daggers from my eyes and he immediately left the two of us. I turned to Jimin and saw that it was just a minor bruise so I stood up and was about to leave his sorry ass when he grabbed my arm.

“Let me explain”.

“What for? For being a coward?”.

“As a matter of fact, yes. I was a coward. I was scared that falling in love with you will just hurt me. I wasn’t sure that you will return my feelings. And there’s Yoongi. I can’t do that to him again. I was so confused because I have never felt this way with a woman”, tears are now cascading on his cheeks.

 I was so confused because I have never felt this way with a woman”, tears are now cascading on his cheeks

It was clenching my heart to see him suffer like this. I never thought that he was fighting his own battle and I wasn’t there to help him. Instead, I was so engrossed with my own misery. Still, it wasn’t an excuse to leave.

“So you left? That was your solution? You’re a selfish prick”. I removed his hand and started walking away but he prevented me from going any farther. He hugged me at the back and nuzzled the back of my head.

“I’m sorry, Na Eun. I really am. When I heard that we are going to have a child I was overjoyed and it just proved that loving you was the best choice I have ever made in my life”.

I didn’t notice my own tears that fell from my eyes until I heard myself whimper. Jimin moved to stand in front of me.

He wiped my cheeks and said, “I know that I always say these words to you but let me say these as a man, I love you, Na Eun”.

“Oh, Chim!”, that broke the shield that I covered my heart with, to protect it from him. I went to his chest and cried, then I felt his arms wrapped around me.

“I promise that I will not leave you again even if you throw all the tools in this shop”.

“Yah! Don’t even think about it, Na Eun!”, Jin yelled which brought chuckles from us.