Chapter 29- Misunderstandings

London
"Ma'am remember what I told you. Drink plenty of fluids so I don't have to keep seeing you." The doctor says waving me goodbye

"I will doctor." I was so sick of hearing her voice. It was my last day at that hell hole. Kendall had work so Vic came in to pick me up, unaware of what went down.

"Sooooo how did it go." She ask curiously.

"Turns out I'm pregnant. That test that I took earlier was a lie." I say nonchalantly. Vic looks surprised and I start feeling her in on other details.

"And when Khalil said that I made him get out." I say finishing up the story. Vic just shakes her head and starts driving.

"So Khalil knows?" She asks

I squint my eyes because I didn't even know the answer to that. "Khalil either knows and just doesn't care or he dumber than I thought. Either way.." I run my belly. "I'm getting rid of this, thing."

"Okay I'm all with you on dropping Khalil and shit but don't do that to the baby." I look at her crazy. "Im not taking care of this baby alone."

"And you won't be. That baby will have it's family, with or without Khalil."

I roll my neck. "I'll think about it damn."

My answer was still no.

When I get home I see that Alex called so I call him back. He and Jahari were like brothers to me.

Me: aye wassup
Alex: so you pregnant?
Me: yeah. You and Jahari should be happy. Y'all gotta niece or nephew on the way.
Alex: what you mean?
Oh so now they all going stupid?
Me: oh so I reckon that Khalil didn't tell you that he's going to be a father. Typical nig-
Alex: nah london, he said you got pregnant but he ain't say he the dad.
Me: well I told him loud and clear that he was before he cut me off
I hear Alex chuckle in the background
Alex: see that's where that nigga went wrong. He always tryna cut people off thinking he right.
Me: is he at home?
I was gone go to straighten shit out with him. It was obvious he ain't want the thing so I was just giving him a head up.
Alex: nah but he just texted me saying he'll be there in 20 minutes.
Me: aight. Imma stop by there so we can talk.

I grab my things and don't even tell Vic where I'm going. I just left a note for her.

____________________
Khalil

____________________Khalil

"Get in the car." I tell Asia. I look at her big ass belly. "How the baby doing?"

She tries to kiss me but I get back before she can. She huffs at my denial. "He good. He just wanted to see his daddy." I scoff. She was the only one trying to see "daddy".

London had me beyond pissed. So since she wanna fuck around and get pregnant I'm just dropping her ass altogether. My one main focus is on my child and Jada.

While driving, I send a text to Jada. I know I left her and we haven't spoken since but I had to make sure she was good. She texted me saying she was ok but we need some space. I really didn't care because space was what I need right now.

I start driving by alot of fast foods which made Asia hungry. "Khalil can you stop at the one of these places and get some food. We're hungry." She says rubbing her belly.

"Your fat ass." I joke while pulling up to the Burger King at the next exit. I go in and wait in the line looking at the menu when my phone starts vibrating in my pocket.

I take it out and see that it's Jahari. What this dude want now?

Me: what you want?
Jahari: you just about one of the dumbest niggas I know.
I had this dumbass on speaker phone so when he said that, the older lady in front of me turned around in shock. I laughed.
Me: aye what you talking about?
Jahari: you the baby daddy.
Me: of Who? I ain't been with nobody else what you mean?
Jahari: nigga I'm talking about for London. You were the father.
Me: ong?
Jahari: what reason i got to lie to you for.
Me: I'm otw
Jahari: wait no London's on-

I hang up. I didn't wanna hear nothing else until I got home. I even forgot to order the food. When I get to the car Asia looks mad as hell.

"Where the food?" She yells.

I smack my lips. "You'll eat when you get home. Now hold up." I pull off speeding faster than ever. I had to hear this firsthand because if that nigga lying then I'm beating his ass.

But dang. If he telling the truth.

Then I'm gonna get my girl back.