Chapter 17~ Chill days on my birthday

Khalil
1 month later
"Man I swear this girl really got me tripping." I say venting to Alex and Jahari.

"You sure she don't just got you pussy whipped?" Alex asked. Jahari agrees. "Yeah love and lust are 2 different things."

"Hollup now." I say chuckling. "Nobody said anything about love." But I know that was a lie. I almost told that girl I loved her. But Love was a very sensitive word and topic to me. I never told a girl other than my mama that I love them. And I wasn't about to start. Even for London.

I continue speaking. "But I will say that she got a nigga sprung." I was really feeling her. Not in no just for a fuck way either. I actually wanted this girl.

"Well if that's who you want then go for it. She seem like she cool people." Alex says

"Preciate that bro." It was good to know they had my back.

"Now aside from these girls, what you gone do for your birthday?" Jahari say. I start to talk but he cuts me off

"And don't your ass say you just gone chill. That ain't an option anymore." He finishes. "Yeah." Alex says agreeing.

They asked this shit every year. And they were going to keep getting the same answer. Birthdays are nothing special to me anymore.

"Man shut y'all asses up. I don't feel like doing nothing this year. And don't y'all tell London either."
Not that she shouldn't know but because I don't need her going crazy and bitchin over this thing like they do.

They pretend to zip up their mouth indicating that my birthday secret was safe with them.
_____________
Alex
The next day

_____________AlexThe next day

"Who at the door." I yell to Jahari from my room after hearing the doorbell ring. No answer from him. Should've known.

"I'm in the showerrrrr." He yells back. A few more seconds pass by and the doorbell rings again.

Not really wanting to, I get up to go see who it was. If I open this door and see it's Khalil because he forgot his key imma beat his ass.

When I open the door, I come face to face with London. "Wassup London." I say a little surprised. "Wassup Alex." She says giving me a handshake.

This girl was a whole tomboy. And she fine and built right? I see why Khalil stuck on her. I let her in and we go into the kitchen. "Ummm I hope you know Khalil is at one of his classes right now." I say.

"Yeah I know. I texted him and told him I'd be up here to get my textbook from his room."

"Oh ok cool." I was interrupted by Jahari coming down the hallway.

"Aye who that was Alex?" He comes into the kitchen and he had no clothes on. Just a towel around his waist.

When he sees London his eyes get big. "Oh shit London wassup? My bad. I ain't know you was gone be here."

"No problem. You good." She says while walking up the stairs to Khalil's room.

London

I get into Khalil's room and it looks messier than the last time I was in her

I get into Khalil's room and it looks messier than the last time I was in her. I search for my textbook and found it on the desk.

Picking it up, I accidentally brushed some what I think was letters on the floor.

Reaching down to pick it up and place it on the desk I notice that the letter said Happy Birthday on it. I wasn't trying to be nosy but I wanted to know who it was.

I open the first letter and it said:

"I know your birthday isn't until next week but I didn't want you to receive the letter to late. Happy Belated Birthday to my wonderful nephew. Enjoy your day. Love Auntie Lola."

What in the world was this. He had a whole birthday and didn't tell me. I can't believe we been fucking with each other for so long and I didn't know his own birthday. Looking through the other letters I notice that they were also Happy Birthday wishes.

I grab the letters and race downstairs to meet with Alex and Jahari. Alex was sipping coffee and Jahari was heating up cold pizza. When Alex sees what's in his hand he almost chokes on his coffee.

Jahari's eyes meet with the letter and he says, "oh shit."

"Yeah oh shit is right." Y'all supposed to be my bros and y'all ain't tell me he got a whole birthday coming up.

"Nothing personal London. He just told us not to tell you." Alex explains

"And why the hell does he not want me to know." I ask. "Because he doesn't want anything special done and he felt like you would try to do something." Alex says.

"Well he damn right. We definitely planning something for him. Maybe like a surprise par-." Jahari cuts me off.

"Woahh I ain't getting into that. If my boy don't want no party then he don't gotta have one." He says. I start to whine.

"Man cmon. If he get mad then I'll put all of the blame on me." I know Khalil won't touch me. "Pleaseeeee I don't care how much he say it, I know he need some type of break." I whine.

Alex and Jahari look at each other and Alex speaks for both of them. "Fine were in."

A wide grin appears in my face