Chapter 21: Ivory

Start from the beginning

Everything was giving off a blue hint in Jane's new vision or so she thought it was her's. Noticing the sharp white mouth her, or rather this thing's eyes widened. The sound of the city came alive and distracted her. Not knowing where she was all she could think about doing was getting away from people and cameras. Hearing people scream and all the cars honking made her panic. She heard jets above her, the police force coming towards her.

Opening her jaws instinct took over and a portal was made. Without a second thought she found herself in a wooded area, a forest where she didn't have to deal with all the people. The sirens, screams and screeching echoed in her mind in the city, her senses still felt dilated even here. She could hear miles away the river flowing through the land, animals nibbling on leaves, the wind blowing through the trees and the squirrels chattering away.

A voice crept into her mind.

Call me Otto, many of the scientists refer to us as Ivory. We are one in the same, I heard stories of you from your father. He helped create us but for some reason the others didn't let me explore this world, my how it's grown since my last adventure.

"Wait, my father created you? What's Ivory? What is happening? Why am I seeing through your eyes?"

Indeed, for the American government as the dominant bioweapon, we are linked together but you have no memory of it in your past. This is why they didn't kill you. It was because of me. We are project Ivory, my armor and appearance gives the name away slightly.

What do we do now Otto?

I could take you to your friends and you can explore our powers while we travel. All that machine did was unlock your's and change your appearance slightly.

Are you in pain?

I should be the one who is asking you that.

The red glow, what was that?

You called upon me without knowing so.

How do I even explain this to them? None of them will understand. Are there more of you?

Yes, however, none were as strong as I. They are in Nevada currently engaged in a fight club with others experiments from competitors.

Let's go there and thank you for coming.

But you were not in danger, thanking me is unneeded. We should rest for tonight. Both of us are weak and will need the energy to make the journey.

Ok, one night and we'll leave in the morning.

Otto and Jane now were separate, laying up against each other they had chosen a denser spot to sleep. They heard the jets later in the night as they passed above them. Waking up instantly they connected again and the chase through the forest was on.

Dodging trees left and right they avoided clearing as best they could. However, they found themselves in a trap. Sounded by the heroes of Justice League Otto took control. The plates seemed to get closer together, spikes and horns got longer as she prepared to fight. Hissing then back Otto clawed at them but never went with an all out attack. Something touched their leg.

Red Herring.

"Let's get home" she smiled.

"Red..." Otto spoke out loud in a raw voice.

The plates went back to normal and the tuffs of fur revealed themselves along with Jane.

"Don't look for me Rosin. It will be better for you. My priorities have changed and now I must disappear."

"Jane, we have know each other more that you have known Ivory."

"Her name is Otto, she is not just a project. Every night I thought about you and how it would feel to see you just one more time. I have other responsibilities, the Justice League has proven that they don't want me around nor do they trust me. I will respect that and go off on my own missions. Perhaps one day I will go back once I settled this debt but as of now I can not return."

"Jane, please...allow me to go with you."

"Where I am going you can not, thank you for being my rock. Otto if you will..."

The beast with Jane on top weaved in between the trees and disappeared and left the heartbroken Rosin on the forest floor along with the League.