Another Chapter!

Hello. Again. So I have an Ideal schedule in mind. I'll try and update every Friday, or weekend. It will probably be posted around~ evening. For Michigan time.

∆•×•∆•×•∆•×•∆•×•∆•×•∆

"Rogue. What in the world are you doing." Kagura started to think her 'dragon mate' was slightly of his rocker. Rogue was currently using a short stick to draw lines into the mud around an old, seemingly abandoned apartment house.

Kagura stared, bewildered, and not entirely sure what to do.

They were on a hilly terrain. Rocks dotted the land, jutting out under your feet and dropping suddenly into deep ravines. To their immediate right was a loosely grown woods. Their trees were short and the bark a light dusty brown colour. They were standing in front of an old building, what seemed to be a 2-layered apartment. The roof tiles we're stucco, and it's walls were orangey yellow, leaning towards the yellow side. The walls were not slick, but rather grainy. The mossy grass tickled it's brick platform. It rose on a rare flat ground, probably man-made.

Kagura: Rougue.... Let's go back to magnolia and find out really what is happening. Then we can go back to our....erm.....separate guilds.

Stupid girl, why are you disappointed by that? You should be relieved to get over this....messiness and get on with your normal life.

Rogue: Hold on. Almost there.

Rogue made a few more scratches in the damp dirt and Kagura realized she had been following him in a circle around the building.

Without warning, Rogue pivoted and pushed Kagura down, narrowly avoiding a large explosion of white light.

Shhhhhhhhh...

The sound of burning allowed the shadow dragon Slayer to push Kagura into nearby woods.

Rogue: let's get away. It was probably Yukino that wrote that rune enchantment, took a while to dig it off.

Kagura raised a hand to her cheek, and found herself blushing.

Wha?.... Why am I...... blushing?!?!

Kagura: Why is... nevermind. Tell me, what exactly is this dragon mating season.

She brought up this question hesitantly, not sure of Rogue's reaction. Rogue stopped walking, and Kagura waited for him to get mad or brush it off or tell her to ask someone else. Though, she wasn't sure why he would be upset.

Rogue: It's the day dragons find their mates. It's also the month the dragons disappeared.

Kagura: Oh....I'm sorry.

Being the only survivor of the Rosemary village attacks, she had lost basically everyone she knew as a child. She knew how hard it was to lose someone close.

Kagura: Let's get home.

The gravity mage knew and hated herself for how insensitive she was sounding. She wanted to reach up and slap herself on the face.

Kagura: I'm sor-ah!

While lost in thought, Kagura had unknowingly walked too close to the edge of a sleek cut ravine. The ravine was vast and deep, with jagged stone walls. You could just make out the form of a stream down below, though is was hard to imagine anything alive and moving in the foreboding shadows. If you had a strong flashlight, squinted your eyes, and tilted your head just right, you could see the smooth edges of human bones. Cobwebs hung from the endless stream of stalagmites that covered the otherwise smooth surface. Just looking at it could make the strongest of wills shudder.