Chapter 11- Bad News?

Katniss and Peeta sit together on the sofa looking confused at the TV wondering what Paylor could have in store now. Peeta shrugs. "I don't know Katniss." Paylor puts them out of their misery as she makes her TV announcement. 'All previous victors must come to the Capitol tomorrow to have a meeting about the Hunger Games, that's all.' The TV zapped of as quickly as it had buzzed on. Katniss sits there in horror before letting Peeta into her thoughts. "What are we to do? We can't go and leave Landen and Rose behind, but I don't want to take them to that place!" Katniss cries as she becomes hysterical. Only Peeta knows how to talk her out of this state.

 Peeta tries to calm Katniss and suggests that they stay at home where Delly can watch them. "We will be okay Katniss" he soothes while he strokes her hair. Katniss looks up from her husbands chest as tears roll down her puffy cheeks. "But I don't want to leave them Peeta, I don't want to ever say good..."  As realisation hits she hides her face back into Peeta's chest and begins to weep again. Peeta pulls Katniss up towards him and squeezes her whilst kissing her on the head as he tries to hold back his tears. "I don't want to either" he whispers into her ear.

Suddenly Katniss sits up and stops crying. Peeta sits up to staring at his wife worriedly. "I never get to use the phone Peeta, but now is my chance." says Katniss. Confused Peeta asks "What do you mean love?" Katniss looks more angry then upset as she exclaims "I'm going to ring Paylor! And i will keep ringing until she gives me an explanation." Katniss jumps up from the sofa and heads towards the study and starts dialing a number. Peeta follows her and hangs up the phone as he questioning whether her idea is a good one or not but Katniss just brushes him off."Trust me Peeta, I think this is my best idea yet... but then again I'm not the person with a way with words. I will put her on speaker so we both can hear what she has to say!" And without hesitation Katniss redials Paylor's number in anger.

While they wait for Paylor to answer Landen starts to cry. Peeta offers to go check on him and kisses Katniss on the cheek before running upstairs to their son. Watching her husband assend upstairs Katniss becomes nervous as the phone on the other end is answered and a familiar voice asks who they are speaking to. "Hi Paylor... It's the mockingjay!" Katniss answers a little harshly. Paylor tries to make small talk with her but Katniss can't take anymore when Paylor makes the mistake of asking how the family is. Katniss can't contain her anger any longer as she screams down the phone. "HOW DO YOU THINK WE ARE PAYLOR! calling us to the capitol! what on earth are you playing at?" There is silence for a moment as Paylor lets Katniss calm down a bit after the outburst. Just in time Peeta comes back downstairs with Landen crying into his shoulder so that he could listen to the conversation. Katniss turns and asks her son what the matter was and Peeta explains that their son had had a nightmare that they both died in the hunger games. Katniss cannot contain her anger any longer. "See Paylor, you are tearing a rift in my family and I am not going to sit back and let you tear it apart!

Landen starts to cry even more as his mother shouts down the phone. Peeta takes him back upstairs to bed then hurries downstairs so that he can support Katniss. Katniss becomes hysterical and whispers to Peeta " I don't know what else to say, you have a go" as she slumps into a chair by the phone. Peeta composes himself for a moment then begins. "Paylor, hi this is Peeta Mellark. Look Katniss and I want to know what's going on with all of us having to return to the Capitol. If you are starting the Hunger Games again then we don't want to be a part of it we have a family to look after!" Katniss becomes frustrated that paylor hasn't answered. "Paylor answer us, wee need to know for the sake of our children god damn it!" Paylor lets them both calm down before she explains herself.