Homecoming Mishappenings

(Beware the typos)

"HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU MANAGE TO CONVINCE ME INTO DRESSING UP FOR THIS?" Lily said, shifting slightly uncomfortably as the duo made their way into the school.

"Hush, child that happens to be older than me. We came for the food, and our friends. Might as well jump on the bandwagon." Cleo said, her words brushing off her excitement, a small little skip in her step giving her away completely as they made their way to the ticket guy.

Lily laughed, internally rolling her eyes. "Yeah, congratulations we've fueled a stereotype. Go us." She said, tugging at hem of the dress her friend had talked her into. "I'm not dancing though, Watson. That's a definite."

Cleo turned, giving Lily a look that said, Oh honey, before she hummed a simple, "We'll see."

"I'm not!" Lily said, a laugh on her voice.

"I'm just letting you know that you are." Cleo singsonged.

The 15 year old relented, sighing in what the brown skinned teen acknowledged as defeat. "Goddammit Cleo."

The younger merely grinned in response.

"Tickets?" The guy at the booth asked.

They made the transaction, tickets for passage, and made their way to the gym where they could already hear the music pulsing from.

Teens swarmed the halls of the high school, either smiling with contagious glee or dealing with some type of relationship drama. Last minute dates were stuck together in an awkward silence only filled by the music, finding themselves silently wishing they came with their friends.

It being the first homecoming she'd been to, Cleo found one of the million thoughts in her head asking if people actually spiked the punch. Was there fruit punch? No, what type of food did they have?

Lily too was in her head too. Just on a very different page.

She had hunted werewolves, dealt with wendigos, and sent spirits to hell, and yet she couldn't get out of some high school dance? This was probably one of the most tragic moments in her life.

"Food or friends first?" Cleo asked, breaking Lily from her thoughts.

"Whichever we find first?" Lily suggested.

"Food, it is!" Cleo said.

They turned to make their way in the direction of the cafeteria only for Cleo to bump right into somebody.

"WAAAH!" Cleo yelped, by the the sudden contact until the person she'd bumped into steadied her.

"You should be more careful."

She looked up to see Gabe. (A/N I honestly don't care enough to change his name, we were never even friends) She let out an awkward laugh. "Sorry." Cleo said, hoping she wasn't too obvious as she slightly shuffled towards Lily.

"It's okay." He said. His eyes flickered over to Lily, and he lingered in his position adding to the awkward atmosphere.

"You two have fun." He said, and he stepped aside letting them pass.

"Thanks." Cleo said awkwardly, linking arms with Lily trying to escape ASAP.

Lily furrowed her eyebrows, letting Cleo take her arm as she remembered the look in Gabe's eyes, almost as if he didn't recognize them . She didn't have a good feeling about the whole dance thing at the moment, especially after that.

"Gabe" turned around, his eyes following the two down the hall, and to anybody looking over, they might've thought their mind was playing tricks. Because if they watched close enough, they'd see the very whites of his eyes flash into an inky black, before returning back to normal.

He hummed, his thoughts bubbling.

Winchester...