seis

Anna seemed to enjoy the show. She knew I'd give her the show that she wants after I ruined the supposed graduation party that my family prepared, malamang she already promised that she'd make me meet the Juarez whatever the odds are.

And here I am, feeding her with what she wants.

Ugh.

"So, you're going to pursue medicine, Brandi?" Tita Franchesca asked. I politely nodded and smiled. I don't even know why her sons are absolute screwed up a-holes samantalang siya mabait naman kahit pa paano! Seriously, do guys like them always have to act like spoiled a-holes who drive luxury cars around The Fort at 2 am in the morning?

Hay nako.

I tried to eat my pasta quietly... but I couldn't handle Fallon's stares.

Why... Why can't he give me a peace of mind? Kahit saglit lang. Kahit ngayon lang.

"Why don't you accompany Fallon sa SBA? Catch up like the good ol' days. I'm pretty sure my son missed his ex-fiance." I didn't bother looking at Fallon just to know if he's grinning, because I knew for a fact that he's enjoying it.

What do they think of me?

A joke? A comedian that they'd listen to and laugh after telling her script for tonight's act?

Why can't they let me fight for myself, o kahit man lang makinig sa'kin? I cried... even begged in front of them just for me to escape this misery, pero ano'ng ginawa nila?

They locked me up for two years. Gave Fallon his freedom, while here I am, still suffering from the nightmares I harbored four years ago because of this ill-minded, misogynistic son of Franchesca Katarina Juarez.

Just for them to keep both of their names clean.

While Anna and Tita Franchesca were both talking about their newly bought bags and jewelries, I politely used that chance to excuse myself. Ali was busy reading The Lovely Bones, and I wasn't even surprised although he's not really the type of guy who'd read novels—he's probably wanting to reenact Mr. Harvey's greatest sin.

Because I'm telling you... you haven't seen the worst of them yet.

I hugged myself as soon as I got outside of the restaurant. I wanted to cry, pero pakiramdam ko, ubos na lahat ng luha sa katawan ko. I've been crying over injustices for four years already, but still... they weren't enough yet. It's as if I'm just mindlessly crying over something that I want, but will never even have.

Like a little girl who can't buy that pretty doll she saw past a toy shop.

I was mindlessly walking around the garden nang may biglang humablot sa braso ko dahilan para mapaharap ako nang kaunti sa kan'ya.

I clenched my fist.

"Fallon... please. Bitiwan mo ako."

Fallon chuckled and tightened his grip on my arm, "You told them," he uttered. "Why did you tell them? I told you not to stupidly tell anybody what happened, and that was supposed to be between us only—pero bakit pagkarating ko ng US nalaman ko na lang na sinabi mo na sa papa mo!?"

Tears started to drop from my eyes... one by one until I lost track of them anymore, "I...I—" I couldn't speak... hindi ko rin naman alam kung ano'ng sasabihin ko. I wanted to fight. I wanted to shout at him.

But I couldn't.

I felt so weak.

More when I felt that familiar slap on my face. But maybe not the same slap I felt four years ago... it was harsher. Even more painful.