[60]

Alexander's POV

"Oh, come on! Let's have some fun, babe." The woman pouts.

I push her off of me. I didn't come here to find girl, I just wanted to drink my problems away.

"How many times did I fucking tell you, I'm not your babe?" I scold her.

She smirks. "You're so hot when you're mad."

"Shut up." I've always had a high alcohol tolerance so it took a lot to make me drunk. But it's finally starting to settle into my system.

She places her filthy lips on my neck, smudging her lipstick on my neck.

I push her off. "I said I don't want to fuck you."

"We don't have to have sex. I can please you in other ways." She tries to seduce me.

This might have worked long ago but not anymore. Now, I can't think of touching anyone except Laila. She's the only one.

The only reason I can't kick this girl out of the VIP area is because she's the daughter of a powerful person. It wouldn't be good on my part.

Suddenly, my ears perk up.

"No, thank you! I'm here on business." That sounds like... Laila?

I shove the girl off of me and stumble onto my feet. The alcohol is seriously settling into my system. I jog in the direction of her voice and that's when I see someone talking to her.

"Aw, come on! I don't bite!" He says as he trails behind her.

My whole world was put together the second I laid my eyes on her. Ive bit of alcohol that was in my system has somehow been knocked out of my system.

I've missed her so damn much, it's unbearable.

I stand in her way and she bumps right against me. I know she can tell it's me without even looking up because her muscles instantly relaxed.

I wrap my arms around her protectively, pushing her closer to my chest. I hope she doesn't realize that my heart is pounding like crazy from just being this close to her.

"Is she with you?" The guy asks me.

"What does it fucking look like?" I yell, my hands in a fist.

"Alright, alright. I understand." The guy backs away, with his hands up defensively.

She pulls away from me to inspect me. She hasn't changed one bit, still cares about others more than herself. Once she's satisfied, she does something I wasn't expecting.

She throws her arms around me, catching me off guard to the point where I stumble. All I wanted to do was hold her tight and never let go but she can't live with me, she's not built to live with me.

"You're okay." She whispers, making my heart flutter.

Fuck, I could kiss her right now. But I don't. I don't even touch her.

"What are you doing here?" I try to hold a blank expression.

"Olivia n-needs you t-to go b-back to the h-h-hospital." She stutters from being nervous.

"Why?"

"Because she's been taking over your shifts and is too exhausted to perform extensive surgery on others. It's become a safety hazard for—" She pauses to stare at my neck.