"I just want to see what they're saying." He looked at me.

"Doesn't matter." I told him and he nodded, finally dropping his phone.

"You're right, baby." He said as he began to eat his food.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, enjoying our food as I began to think about work tomorrow and how drained I was going to feel.

"I really don't feel like work tomorrow." I complained and he cut his eye at me.

He didn't want me to go to work anyway since he had the rest of the week to himself but I had to.

"What time do you have to be there?"

"10 in the morning. I have early shifts until Saturday." I explained and he nodded.

"You're staying with me right?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Yes, babe." I assured, looking at him and he nodded, smirking.

"What would you do without me?" I joked.

"Go crazy." He said, leaning over to peck my lips as I giggled.

We finished up our food and the doorbell rang as we looked at each other.

"Get dressed." He told me and I nodded, standing to my feet as he put on a shirt and walked out of the room.

I grabbed one of his t shirts and put it on before sliding on a pair of his sweatpants as well. I got myself together, making sure that I looked okay in the mirror. I noticed I had a slight glow and I knew that it was from the amazing sex we'd had a couple of days ago.

I looked happier and refreshed, I just hoped in the back of my mind that his mother didn't notice, she was quick to judge when it came to our sex life which was none of her business anyway.

"Babygirl." Sage called as he came back into the room.

"Come here." He said to me as he stood in the doorway.

"What?" I asked, walking over to him as he grabbed my chin and kissed my lips.

"I love you, Alright?" He said against my lips.

"I love you too." I told him as he placed a few more kisses upon my lips.

"Be good." He said as we finally let each other go and walked out of the room together.

"I'm always good." I said as we walked down the staircase.

"Mhm."

We made it to the living room and his mother was sitting on the couch.

"Hello, Olive." She spoke snootily.

"Hi, Ms. Jackie." I responded politely as Sage walked out of the room, leaving us to talk.

"Come sit." She said, patting the open seat beside her as I internally sighed.

I sat down like she asked and we looked at each other for a while before she finally spoke.

"I apologize if I come off as mean or nasty to you." She started.

"But I just want what's best for my son." She went on and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And what do you believe is best for him?" I asked, already fed up and she smiled.

"Do you think you are what's best for him?" She answered my question with a question.

"I do." I spoke confidently, nodding my head and she scoffed.

"Alright. So, why do you love my son? Why do you feel you are what's best for him?" She asked.