"I know, I just wanted to give you time to yourself. You needed the rest, babe." I assured him and he nodded.

"I get it but we're not doing that again."

We vibed out as the music played and enjoyed each other's time. I didn't have work for the next two days and he was taking the rest of this week to himself so I wanted to cherish every moment with him.

"I'll go everywhere you go." I sang, pointing to him and he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah?" He asked and I nodded, smiling.

"Promise?" He asked, grabbing my hand and I nodded again.

"I can't hear you."

"I promise." I said to him, looking into his eyes as he stood to his feet, helping me stand to mine.

He took off running as I followed behind him, laughing uncontrollably as the wind blew threw my hair. He got to edge of the cliff and he looked over to me as he held my hand tightly.

"Promise?" He asked and I smiled, nervous as ever be.

"Everywhere you go, baby." I said to him as he smiled, letting go of my hand before he jumped.

I watched him fall for a while as he dived perfectly into the water.

He came back up to the surface as he looked up at me, waiting to see what I would do next. I was so nervous to jump but I meant what I said to him, I'd go wherever he went. He was my entire world.

Taking a step back for better accuracy, I ran and jumped off the cliff as well.

On the way down, I felt my entire life flash before me as I held my breath, preparing myself for the pressure. I was no longer scared or nervous, just content. Whatever was to happen, I didn't mind it happening with him by my side. I felt safe as if he could and would save me from any and everything. He gave me a rush and the rush I felt was amazing, it wasn't like anything I'd experienced before.

Splashing into the water, I swam back up to the surface and Sage grabbed my hands after I cleared my face from the water as best as I could.

He smiled as we looked into each other's eyes, mentally telling each other that we loved one another. He then pulled me towards him as we shared a passionate kiss.

"I love you." He spoke against my lips.

"I love you too." I told him, meaning every word.

*

We were now back at our picnic spot and I was reading as Sage laid flat on his back, listening to music

We were now back at our picnic spot and I was reading as Sage laid flat on his back, listening to music. Our clothes were drenched but the sun and cool air was drying us off faster than ever even though the sun was starting to go down.

"My mom wants to have a talk with you." Sage blurted out as I looked up from my book.

"Okay, that's fine." I shrugged.

"I talked to her about the situation and told her how you felt. She said she wants to apologize."

"I want to apologize too." I admitted and he raised his eyebrows.

"Don't look surprised, that's your mother. Regardless of what she says, I should've never disrespected her." I told him and he nodded.

"I don't need y'all to be best friends, I mean that would be perfect but I know that's not happening. So I just need y'all on the same page because neither one of y'all are going anywhere. This is for life and eventually we'll be a family, we damn near already are." He said and I smiled.

"I understand." I nodded, laying flat on my back to lay next to him as I sat my book down.

We laid with our arms behind our heads as we looked up at the clouds. Jhene Aiko's - Enternal Sunshine played as we did and I turned my head to look at him.

"What's one thing that you can't do regularly, that you would do right now if you could?" I asked him and he squinted his eyes, thinking.

"Make love to you." He finally spoke and I looked over to him.

I smiled as he looked at me with a serious look on his face.

"I want you to make love, babygirl." He said seriously and I tucked my lips.

There was silence between us as I gathered my words together. I was thrown off by his answer but not surprised.

"That's not something you can't do." I explained, looking up at the sky.

"I can't do it right now though and you said right now." He said and I looked over to him.

"Yes you can." I spoke as he looked at me.

"I want to make love to you too." I spoke, looking up at the clouds and I knew he had a smirk on his face.

"Just one time though, Sage." I said more to myself than to him.

I knew we'd both made a promise but it's been a long year and we both deserved it. I trusted Sage and he deserved me, he deserved everything. Plus it would only be one time, after this we aren't doing it again until there is an engagement ring on my finger.

"Alright."

*